Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of PR document type generated from maintenance order

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using a custom table having maint. order type,  maint. order priority & PR document type from where system picks PR document type during auto generation of PR from maintenance order . Initially PR doc. type was urgent as priority maintained in order is 2(Urgent)  . Now, it is observed that this PR document type has been changed to normal (NB) which is corresponding to maint. order of  priority 3 (Normal) .From change document of PR, it is found that PR document type was changed from t-code IW32. But when I am checking action log of the maint. order at IW32 , there is no change document regarding order priority & same priority 2(urgent) only  prevails in the order .

Can anyone please let me know the reason for changing PR document type as doc. type of this auto generated  PR can not be changed using t-code ME52N.

Thanking you all.

rgds,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

This is a custom program and it will be difficult for us to figure out the issue.

You need to check the custom logic and stuff, there is a gap in the custom logic on determining the PR doc type in the work order.

Try to debug on executing the similar and identify whether there is a gap, there can be difference on saving the work order or some field is impacting the document type.

I guess there is one scenario affecting...

Create a Work Order Save it with priority 1. Now Open the work order, change to priority 2 and add the component, (here system will choose the doc type now), dont save... now again change the priority and save, see how it triggers.

There will be some other scenarios affecting your logic, kindly check it.

Regards

Terence

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your response. I am working in EHP7 environment. Come across OSS note # 2124565 but how can I ensure that this issue is because of this reason as per OSS note # 2124565 as this is happening only on PS1 but not other system such as QS1, DS1. Please confirm me back. Thanks

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

I am 50-50 whether to apply or not.

If you are not using standard functionality to derive the PR doc type how the note will be helpful but on the other hand if you have configured NB has the default doc type, then there is a possibility of this note impact.

First try to replicate the scenario and test it in dev client, applying this note or raise a OSS to SAP so they can provide you exact information.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PR document type will be picked from "Plant Maintenance and Customer Service ----- Maintenance and Service Processing ---- Maintenance and Service Orders ------ General Data ------ Define Account Assignment Cat. and Document Type for Purchase Requisitions "

Please check with above link. as you told that you have custom table with combination for PR type. Please check system is picking which data.

Regards,

Chaitanya

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Please note that thorugh standard config. , we can assign only one PR doc. type. We have developed a custom table from which program fetch different PR doc. type based on order priority. We are working in EHP7 environment. PR document type is automtacially changed upon changing of order any field.