Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP trigger point

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

what is the trigger point for DP.?

I can extract demand from ECC with infoscheduler and load it in infocube and then to planning area....that is one way of doing it.

but i am not using ECC ,rather collect the demand from external world and "inject"  it into DP for demand processing .How do i inject.?

here goes the scenario :  a texas based bike dealer has many variants he is  a non sap layman but has filled up the local demand/orders from texas in EXCEL or DMS document management system or any other legacy system.  and if i want to extract those demand and fill it up in planning book linked to planning area " texas" and deliver a unconstrained demand and do MC90 and then apply constraints in SNP .and get a planned order in rrp3

in MD61 in ECC we manually fill it  what is the equivalent of it in DP  APO  --which screen does it and its t code

i may sound naive but with your help i can gain clarity

thanks

OHIO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

If I understood, you want to have demand in DP only to release to SNP for constraint planning or business is really going to modify the demand in DP?

If it´s only for SNP, I would directly release the demand from Info cubes in APO BW i.e. RSA1 t-code to SNP for directly planning using T-code /SAPAPO/REL_TO_SNP - Release from InfoProvider to Supply Network Planning,

All the demand can be validate in the planning book i.e. /SAPAPO/SDP94 - Interactive Demand Planning for respective article or also demand can be changed using /SAPAPO/RRP3 - Product View which is kind of equivalent to md61 in ECC side.

Let´s know if this approach helps you.

Thanks

Amol

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

I would directly release the demand from Info cubes in APO BW i.e. RSA1 t-code to SNP for directly planning using T-code /SAPAPO/REL_TO_SNP - Release from InfoProvider to Supply Network Planning,

well am trying on this only,,this seems to be a best choice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey that´s great Rahul..!

good to know the solution works for you. Can you please kind close the thread.

Thanks

Amol

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

wait man let me try and if it succeeds will close

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

You have to either create a DB link or a flat file import into a cube and then load into planning area.

To me, The best way to handle this is to load full delete and full load into cube for the period and then use that data.

Here is an example:

1. I am loading sales orders and deliveries for the months January and February of 2015. The history data is loaded to a flat file or dbconnect to a database and load into a cube, let's say C1.

2. You then generate CVCs from that data and load that data into planning area in DP

3. You do your planning in DP, release forecast to SNP/PPDS through MC90

4. Run SNP/PPDS planning runs to get the receipts you need.

5. In next load, let's say you are loading March, then same as step1 but delete the existing data in C1 and then load

6. repeat step 2 to 4

Also in above example, if you need to send updated February sales orders/deliveries, then you load the data as in step5, but delete the history previously loaded into planning area and then load this updated history.

There are of course so many number of ways to do this, but in my experience, the above worked well.