cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a SAP PI Refrehs mechanism for Directory objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a pi landscape for about 10 years with growing complexity and different software status for the configuration objects.

To get all four stages with the same status for the configuration objects, we would like to make a copy from our production environment to the consolidation state. In the end, after a release we would like to be able to make a copy from p to k, so that we have the same configuration on k. In ABAP systems, this procedure is familiar and often used. For PI systems, i don't know, whether this is possible and how this can be done.

Is this possible, does SAP has a solution for this?

I think the SLD transport targets are also important to get the transports done.

Thanks for your answers.

Kind regards,

Ronny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ronny,

Usually PI systems are not being refreshed as the configuration part might differ a lot between dev, QA and prod (especially in B2B environments). Also you don't want to recreate the same CC settings on different systems - suppose you have a sender file channel and now you start picking the same directory from your prod and a backup system.. it would be very problematic.

Nevertheless you could use the directory API for automated reads and writes on the configuration side.

If you look up "directory API" on SCN you will find some good use cases.

What cannot be automated by this method is reading and writing of passwords of CC's. But anyways, I guess connection data in CCs will not be desired to be copied between machines as mentioned above.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Is this possible, does SAP has a solution for this?

I don't think we have any standard system refresh option.

>>> I think the SLD transport targets are also important to get the transports done.

Yes.  This ensures business systems/components are assigned correctly and how they have to be transformed when you move them to different environment.

To make sure that all configuration objects are in sync across multiple environments -

Make sure that Development is in sync with Production. To do that