Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP domain installation with local database user? SWPM 1.0 SPS 7

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing the domain installation of SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7  on SAP ASE 15.7.131 (without being domain administrator), following the instruction in the installation guide for Software Provision Manager, we have asked from customer for the two users <sapsid>adm and SAPService<SAPSID> created as the domain users. Now i was installing system and everything goes well until I need to create SAP Database Administrator. SWPM suggest that the user is domain/sybsid and i cannot change it. Is it possible to do domain installation with SYB<SID> database user as local user?

Best regards,

Duy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hey Duy

as you said, you can perform the installation with

an user account which is not a domain administrator.

On page 47 of the installation guide you find the

"Table 20: Operating System Users" showing you the

accounts necessary for the SAP system.

Further on in the guide, at a less prominent location though,

you find: "If it has not been created, the installer creates the user syb <dbsid>."

meaning you can and have to create this account too

if the installer should not. It has to belong to group "Administrators",

the local group.

You can also use the service in SWPM called "Operating system

users and groups" which can be found here "Generic installation options >

SAP ASE > Preparations" (in the main SWPM screen).

This will create the necessary accounts in your system.

Hendrik

matthias_rosker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Duy,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused - unfortunately, there is no option to switch this single user to be a local user. With the decision to use a domain installation, all required user need to be created in the domain before installation, if you don't have a domain admin user available.

We will certainly double check installation guides for completeness, if it didn't list this user also to be created upfront for your case.

Best regards,

Matthias

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thank you very much for your reply. So besides <sapsid>adm, SAPService<SAPSID>, and syb<SID>, is there any other users that need to be created in the domain before installation?

In addition, will the syb<SID> need to be added to the group SAP_<SAPSID>_GlobalAdmin?

Best regards,

Duy