cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy material sales text from SO item to billing header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe this has been discussed many times, but I have not found a specific solution. My query is this.

I have a sales order with multiple line items starting from 200 (201,202,..), 400 (401,402,..), etc The line items 201 and 202 (which are tied to 200) have material sales text. During billing for the higher level item (200) I need the lower level items material sales text to be copied into the billing header. Currently this is not happening. Here are the configuration I have done. Please correct me if i am wrong. Points will be rewarded accordingly.

Transaction VOTXN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is that Header data will be processed first before the item data. What i mean is, while copying, system copies the header data first and then the item data from the preceding document. So, it is obvious that it cannot copy the item text to header text. You may have to take some ABAP help and get the item text copied to header text. We used the enhancement point in the billing document creation program to copy the text to header level.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell me the name of the enhancement that you used?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_H in program MV45AFZB

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

I do not want to copy the sales text of item into header. Both are items. There is no header involved. For example in the attached screen shot you can see that the line item 200 is a higher level item and line item 201 is a lower level item OF line 200.

Billing is done against line 200 and I want the material sales text of 201,202,etc to be summarized/copied onto line 200.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Deepak,

I completely misunderstood. When i saw your first screenshot (VOTXN) it had radio button at the Billing Header. Hence, i thought you have to copy the item text to header.

Even in your case i feel you have to use the enhancement. The higher level item is processed first and then the other line items. So, i just tried one quick config in my system and it did not work. So, i feel you may have to modify your data transfer routine (copy control) or use an enhancement to get the text to populate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukund,

What exactly do i modify in my copy control, I have tried almost everything. Do you have any specific enhancement in mind?

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Check if you can use this RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD . It is a function module which gets triggered during VF01/VF04. There are enhancement points in it which i believe you can utilize. Or you can look at the user exits as well.

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or the other option i was thinking about is to create a copying requirement (routine in VOFM >> Copying requirement >> Text). In this new routine write a logic to check if the item on the invoice is a higher level item. if yes, then pull the text from its components and put it at the higher level item. Assign this routine to Data Transfer Routine that you have at the access sequence and assign that access sequence to the Text type.

Hope this works.

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

This looks like a viable option. Let me check and get back to you.

And when you say data transfer routine for access sequence, you mean the one at VOTXN? and is it for the billing header?

Thanks,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Deepak. The solution i thought might work is a mix of VOFM (where you create the routine) and VOTXN where you assign the new routine to the access sequence and assign access seq to the text type either on the billing header or on the billing item. The logic on the routine will depend on where you want to use the text type. (billing header Vs highest level Billing Item)

Hope this works.

Regards,

Mukund S

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

The solution suggested by Mukund would work for you.

I have a doubt here, if you have more than one sub-item, are the texts maintained for all the sub-items, or any one? so looking to have a logic as, the first  item with a text becomes exclusive..?

Or you have different text for all the sub-item and want to take all and bring it to the main item in billing..? (this one, i think will be challenging).

Why dont you use the main item text and what is the constraint, that makes you want the text of subitem to be copied to billing item..?

Would be great if you can give this business background.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Yes, texts are maintained for all the sub items. Sometimes we have more than 150 sub items for one higher level item. Typically for us the finished product is a production line and the entire process from sales order created to final delivery is 1 year or more.

So things change over the course of the year, we may make engineering changes or the customer may make some changes so this involves additional work. Hence we include sub items in the sales order and bill the customer for it. Now the customer does not need to see all the sub items that they are billed for. They don't want to be swamped by lots of invoices hence they prefer to be billed only at the higher level item. But they also need to see what they are billed for, hence the sub item texts to be included into the higher level item.

Thanks,

Deepak.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Closing the thread. Answer is as Mukund said. I found a more comprehensive document on the same.

Thanks,

Deepak.