Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Packager hangs on Preparing Document Layouts

john_obrien7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SAP B1 9.1 pl 5.  Solution Packager x64.

I'm urgently trying to copy a database.

The Solution Packager application hangs on 'Preparing Document Layouts'.

Error in log is as follows:

19/03/2015 22:59:39.637Error: ConfigParser.FillObject:Tables - Failed to location the B1 Application.

19/03/2015 23:19:15.645Error: PackageZipper.EmptyFolder:The process cannot access the file 'Data.xml' because it is being used by another process., type=System.IO.IOException, Stack=   at SQLScriptGenerator.Helper.DirectoryDelete(String p_strDirName, Boolean p_bRecursive, Int32 p_nMaxTryCount, Int32 p_SleepInterval)

at PackagerLogic.PackageZipper.EmptyFolder()

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue this week and found that it was caused by the following:

If you do not package ALL items, Solution packager runs a query (in the Preparing Document Layout stage) like this:

SELECT COUNT(ItemCode) FROM OITM WHERE ItemCode NOT IN ('A00001, 'A00002') etc.

If you have a large number of items (I had 36,000 this week) the query can be exceptionally long and not execute.

I was able to solve the problem by packaging all items and then running a DI macro that deleted the items I didn't want to bring over.

LukaszBloch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi. what do you mean by packing all items?

When I tried to pack all in solution packager I had problem with free space on drive C:\.

when i unselect items groups i had problem with data.xml (SAP The process cannot access the file Data.xml)

Can you please point step by step how you handled it?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't have the same problems as you did so my fix might not be the same. When I went through the wizard I just had to be sure to not deselect any item groups.