cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF to PDF file transfer with Mapping Involved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have gone through a number of blogs and threads which states about pass through PDF to PDF transfer but not sure what if we need to receive the PDF then perform mapping on it and then again generate a new PDF and send it to the receiving system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaibayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaibayan,

As mentioned by Hareesh, we don't have any Standard Adapter or module available for this type of conversion.

You can check:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9913a954-0d01-0010-8391-8a3076440...

Regards,

Nabendu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaibayan,

Nabendu and Hareesh give you some good advices. I only way to ask if there is not an easier alternative to do it.

I think that we sometimes try to develop fashion sport cars when we really a small car. If the sender system has the ECC data, why to create a pdf at origin?, why don't create a plain text file with the data and you only need to construct the pdf?.

Why to use a middleware tool like PI as endpoint server application, when this last is able to do easier this kind of stuff?.

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by perform a mapping on PDF?

Can you explain the business case? What would you change by reading binary file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The sender will be sending a PDF file with ECC data. We would need to perform some mapping changes in that and create a fresh PDF with those changes and send to an FTP.

Thanks,

Shaibayan

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We don't have any standard adapter which can translate PDF files into XML to apply the transformations and i'm not sure if you convert PDF to XML, you should be able see the required content as-is.

However seems like there are some java API's which can translate PDF into XML

Convert PDF to XML in Java

However it's good to handle such things at sender side itself.  It would be difficult to debug if you translate in PI.