cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change configuration profile for material variants

former_member214775
Contributor

Hi All,

I have a KMAT and some configurated material variants (FERT) assigned to the KMAT with proper configuration.

When I create a new configuration profile for the KMAT and lock the old one in CU42 then CU50 is ok and taking the new configuration profile for the KMAT.

However for the material variants which were already assigned I get the following error message in CU50:

No configuration profile selected for configurable object KMAT

Message no. CX005

Diagnosis

You entered a material that has no configuration profile, or the configuration profile is not released.

Procedure

Either create a configuration profile for the material or check the status of the configuration profile.

In MM03 when I click on the Configure variant button on Basic Data II or MRP3 view I get this message:

Specify a valid configurable material

Message no. M3544

Diagnosis

The system could not perform configuration value assignment for the configurable material specified. If you have not yet created configuration parameters for the configurable material, this may be the reason.

Procedure

Check your screen and field values.

Create configuration parameters for the configurable material or enter a valid configurable material.

How can I change/update the material variants to use the new configuration profile?

Best regards

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ritz
Active Contributor

Tamas Rakoczy,

Why dont you quickly check MM02 for KMAT and then Material variant.

I hope with this change mode system will try to connect KMAT with new profile and when you will run MM02 for material variant it will pick the KMAT with new profile.

Try and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I have already tried it. No success.

Best regards

Tamas

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya , i tried to perform qucik test and got same result.

But if you keep both profilers released , it works fine, if you use diff BOM application system wil give you popup for which profile you want to use.

So my question is whats the difference in your previous and new profile?

and why do you want to have one of them in locked or in preparation status?

Check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

why should I use different "BOM application system"? If you mean the Parameters for BOM explosion - Application in the configuration profile then I have to use PP01 for both.

For me there is not any popup for the material variant (at least in CU50 or VA01) when both profiles are active and it takes always the old profile for configuration. I tried it with priorities as well.

For the KMAT itself I have the popup (CU50) and I can choose.

I do not want to go into details regarding the differences between the 2 profiles but all the dependencies, variant tables etc. are different which should result the same configuration result and same BOM explosion. I would like to switch from the old concept (profile) to the new one. (let us say the reason is performance improvement and other business reasons)

I would like to have them separately in 2 profiles however it seems not working for material variants. Now I can only see one chance to do it: merge all dependencies etc. in the old profile and lock the old dependencies.

Best regards

Tamas

vicbalboa1
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you find how to solve this issue?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread giving reference of old closed thread. You may get favorable replies from forum members.

Thanks

RD

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Please try transaction CUUPDMV to update material variant & let us know.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthilkumar SD,

it did not help.

Best regards

Tamas