Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot should be created only for particular vendor

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please help in achieving the below scenario:

*Material  has been assigned to the inspection type A (one time inspection) has been set as preffered and active  in the inspection set up in the material master.

*Quality level has been created for material and vendor  such that inspection should be carried out when next stage is 1 and no inspection should carried out when next stage is 2.

*Tasklist   has been assigned with material and vendor .

Material can be supplied by different vendors,For this material,  inspection should be done only for one vendor  and for other vendors there should  not be any inspection to be done and no inspection lot should be created.i.e Inspection lot should be created only for one vendor say AA whereas now inspection lot is getting created when  goods receipt is done for the purchase order  with other vendor BB.

My requirement is  the inspection lot should not be created when goods receipt is done with other vendors say BB  except AA.

Is there any other way other than using quality info record to achieve this.

I can try with DMR  but the thing is there should not be inspection lot created  while posting GR.

can anyone suggest me any other way to achieve this requirement.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To the best of my information Quality info records have the answer for this, where you can set for which material vendor combination lot should not be created or created. Any specific reason for not using it? DMR surely would not address this.

Anand

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Thanks for your reply,

The reason why we dont use is that customer has not approved to use quality info record as it is another master data to be maintained.

Can you please tell me is there any user exits can be used to fulfill this.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why to go with any exit and unnecessary custom development if it is possible addressing it with standard SAP features? Several techniques are available by means of which you can maintain QM info records in mass such as LSMW or QI06.

Even if you write some code using any exit, still the vendor material wise exceptions need to be maintained somewhere in Z table (so that using this relation system will decide whether to create any lot or not). So why not with standard SAP? Try to convince your customer to use standard features I would say!

Anand

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

We have already suggested that to customer and tried convincing them but they dont need to have Quality info record in place firmly.

Can you please help me help me to write logic behind to maintain vendor material exceptionsso that i can try to sort it out.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to understand (and also make us understand) on why your client is so restraining over using Q-info record. That's the best and standard tool which can be used to meet your requirement. Whatever Anand has said, that is enough and I don't think anyone else can suggest you a better solution.

Your basic requirement is to have inspection lots for a specific vendor and not for others, thats what Q-info records is designed to achieve.

If there is something more, please let us know !!

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are user exits when you create an inspection lot.  One of those could be used to suppress the inspection lot.  Have you looked at these?  Have you researched any QM user exits yourself yet?  This isn't the first time this specific question has been asked over the years.

It's not hard and there are lists of QM user exits available all over the internet.

Please do some research.

You can also assign vendors to inspection plans with a DMR that requires one inspection, and than after that creates all skip lot inspections which you automatically close by a batch job.  The first lot can be manually forced closed.  Thereaftter all receipts would be skipped.  Not 100% but pretty darn close.  This requires that you know which vendors to assign to which plan.  Probably as much data maintenance as maintaing the Q-info records.

And yes.. your client needs to come up with better reasons than "I don't wanna..".  It's part of a consultants job to convince them.

Craig

Answers (0)