SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period based encumbarance tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am want to activate period based encumbarance tracking, please guide if  the below mentioned steps are correct...?

I am using profile "000102"

Will go to "Override Update Profile"  and I will update the profile for "Purchase Requisiton" and "Purchase Order". I would like to keep "Posting dt"  for payment budget & in "PB encumbrance" I will keep "Period Based"

"What is the Business Transaction" I should put there?

Secondly after doing this, do I have to again define update date in main menu vide transaction "FMOD"? What should I input in  "Update Date" and "Period" . what it impacts?

Please guide

Shailesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to have PBET in your system, you can maintain view V_FMUP03 for 000102 profile. Keep in mind, that you won't be able to go back from this settings: once set, PBET cannot be cancelled.

Why do you mention FMOD? It has nothing to do with PBET activation.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to have PBET in your system, you can maintain view V_FMUP03 for 000102 profile. Keep in mind, that you won't be able to go back from this settings: once set, PBET cannot be cancelled.

Why do you mention FMOD? It has nothing to do with PBET activation.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

I have activated it for Value type 50 & 51, as my business people wants to track the changes to commitment? Is it fine? Do I have to activate any other setting?

Regards

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's OK, if you don't work with EMFs. If you do, you have to activate it also for them. However, it is much easier to make this setting through the view I gave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli..

We do not work with EMFs...

Thanks for all your help...

Regards

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, it should be enough.