Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate revenue on cost center - Deactivate Msg KI166

tamim_elmahmah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we have NEW GL activated (profit center scenario active)

I want to post revenues on cost centers, so I deactivated error message KI166 (enter true account assignment...).

This message says also that all revenues postings on CC or Profit center will be only statistical and then To ensure reconciliation between FI and CO for revenue element , a CO account assignment object must record the revenues  as a real value.

I am ok for statistical posting but then I have two questions :

1- where are the real posting posted to ?

2- As we have the New GL, what is reconciliation ledger this message talking about?

Thank you all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamim,

please refer to SAP note 41103 about questions.

41103 - INFO: CO account assignment logic

Thanks and best regards,

Ronghua Fan

tamim_elmahmah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any ideas about this issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamim,

I think there are two way to set up the Cost Element for Revenue:

1. As category 1 &

2. As category 11

In case you have set up the revenue account as cost element category 1 then the posting to this line item will have the cost center posting as real that is value type 4 when you access the Cost Center line item report for that cost center & cost element combination.

However when you set up the revenue account as cost element category 11 then the posting to this line item will have the cost center posting as statistical actual i.e. value type - 11 and you should be able to see this line item in your cost center line item report as statistical actual.

In this case the real posting will not have any cost object if you check the new gl line item table i.e. FAGLFLEXA as new gl will not care about cost object for splitting except profit center, business area against which you would have activated document splitting however you will be view that in BSEG Table.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following link as well:

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish