cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serializing XI messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there a way to serialize and Schedule the XI messages ??

The scenario is as follows :

Data is sent through Proxy to XI and is sent by XI to JMS and File receiver adapters,

The problem is that while a large data is processed lets say a 250 kb file to be created (receiver side) and a 10 kb record is triggered , the latter is formed first

i.e The 10 kb file is formed first even when the 250 kb file hasnt completed procesing ,thus creating Timestamp issues

Can we do something in the JMS or File RECEIVER adapters or the change needs to be done in ABAP side ?

I believe we need to make the messages QOS as EOIO , and that might help , but would it make sense to do it on XI or should it come from R/3 ???

Kindly reply and if its to be done in ABAP side, can i have a code snippet or a blog

SD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably we can use the "maintain order at runtime" option in Interface determination. I know this is only for multiple inbound interfaces, but adding one dummy inbound interface in Interface determination may help.

Though I never tried.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought we have the queue or message serialization in XI, which can be used here.

You can create a queue for the specific IP and process the messages in the sequence.

Have you expored this option under the SXMB_ADM -> Manage Queues?

Hope this helps,

Sumant.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog for EOIO in Client Abap Proxies.

/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Henrique

The code snippet provide is to be written in Client proxy code in ABAP , right ???

But there are some syntactical errors i have to deal with , Thanks for the help though

is there some work around fin XI , or is it better to be done in R/3 itself ??

Thanks

SD

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sd,

yeah, just insert that code in your client proxy code.

Sintax errors maybe are related to objects' names.

Just rename them to your own objects's names.

Regards,

Henrique.