cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the role owner approver form the existing role approver and owner in access control?

0 Kudos

How to change the role owner approver form the existing role approver and owner in access control and update the GRC role matrix?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can use the mass update functionality from BRM to update role owners. Alternatively you can also re-import all the roles and change the owners manually in the upload sheet.

Suggested way is to use the Mass Update functionality.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I can see already Alessandro suggested you the approach on how to update role owners using Role Import or Mass Role Update.

I just wanted to highlight one scenario here which we faced:

When role owner is being maintained for the roles through Mass Role Update functionality, system is not checking whether

user has been maintained as "ROLE OWNER" in Access Control Owners table

With this validation missing in Mass Role update, the role owner gets updated but all workflows will fail

So, I suggest you to maintain first the user as ROLE OWNER under SETUP -> ACCESS CONTROL OWNERS first before updating the role owners

using MAss Role update functionality.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro Banzer,

thanks for the help, the issue has been resolved now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Do role import with keeping one name in Approver column. Once done click on role update sublink and then select roles- select owners from drop down list and select update option. then in next screen enter the name of role owner. click check boxes based on ur requirement role content owner/role content approver.

Thank you

Ranjan