Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the profile first, then compare the user master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am not able to do user comparison in a particular role. I have already generated profile but still it is showing yellow triangle on authorization tab.

Please advise !

8 REPLIES 8

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

The information you provide is minimal, so it's a little like a guessing game as to figure out what could be wrong.

Are all objects for your role maintained or are there still open auth. objects?

Dimitri.

0 Kudos

HI Dimitri,

I have one role named " SAP_HR_PE_TRAININGMANAGER". I have maintained all objects and also updated profile means generated profile but when I add any user and click on user comparison, it is showing message that "Update the profile first then compare the user master record"

Thanks !

0 Kudos

Hi again Lokesh,

As a general rule, always make a copy of a standard SAP role and then make adjustments to it.

You say you have generated the profile belonging to this role. Is the status icon green on the authorizations tab in PFCG?

Please check whether the all objects have a green icon, especially P_APPL and K_VRGNG.

Also check that the organizational levels are maintained as well.

Dimitri.

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

That is the problem actually, It is not getting green in PFCG in authorization tab (with the User Caompaison tab). It is still showing yellow triangle icon.

Thanks !

0 Kudos

So are all objects within the role maintained, i.e. are all icons green:

If your role looks like my picture above, this would normally result in the error message you receive.

So do both tabs (authorizations and user) have a yellow triangle or just the user tab?:

Dimitri.

0 Kudos

Dear Dimitri,

All signs are green in the object level,

But on PFCG level, it is showing yellow triangle for both tab authorization and user tab.

Please see the both images i have attached.

Thanks !

0 Kudos

I see what you mean, Lokesh.

When you copy this role to the customer namespace: Z_HR_PE_TRAINGMANAGER for example. It will be possible to generate the associated profiles and assign it to users.

Dimitri.

0 Kudos

Thanks Dimtri, I have copied and created a Z role and assigned to the user. It is working fine now. But still I want to diagnose this issue that why it is happening.