Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Portal session using webdynpro-Java application

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having Portal 7.4 SP6 framework. And I have developed the webdynpro Java application to change the user language locale automatically in English_UK for specific application to run and get supported the content to be rendered.

And here when the user language gets change, the portal session has be refreshed one time at the browser level manually, so that newly portal user can access the application in English_UK locale.

To avoid this manual refresh activity, from Webdynpro java is it possible to refresh the portal session at browser level?

Regards,

Hanif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you are actually referring to the limitation described in point 9 of note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/947081

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your reply.

Well the point 9 from SAP Note 947081 does shows the limitations to fresh the portal user session using webdynpro application.

But is there any way, using code within webdynpro java application to refresh the portal session or portal desktop....?

Regards,

hanif

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure this is easily possible.

The issue is a typical limitation from the webdynpro framework side. When the application is called for the first time a session will be created along with the locale which has been provided. Thus this locale will be set as the default session locale for the whole life time of this session. As the webdynpro applications may be accessing the backend systems which are also locale dependent, we need to provide a locale during the access to these backends or the repositories. And due to the technical limitations from all this linked processess, the webdynpro session locale cannot be changed in the current running session. Hence the new locale will only take effect in the next session which

is created. This happens when we logoff & logon from the SAP Portal, or close and open a new browser window when run Standalone.

You can log off from the application using WDClienUser.forcedLogoffClientUser("here comes a URL");

You can try to add as the parameter the same application with the URL extension.

For example: http://abc.com/webdynpro/dispatcher/myvendor.com/myDC/myApp?sap-locale=de_DE is going to use german locale while http://abc.com/webdynpro/dispatcher/myvendor.com/myDC/myApp?sap-locale=en_GB will use english locale.

But that will open the app in standalone mode and not as a portal iView.

How to do this when it comes to a wd java app running in a portal iView I am not sure, perhaps others can tell.

I hope this helps.

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Any hints in this issue raised....