Number of Concurrent Users

Source Data Foot print in GB

Compression Factor Disk

KPI

KPI NAME

24 HOURS

And i got the below results sets

My questions is as below

For my input, 103 gb of source data with 12% compression factor i should get the memmory as around 9GB but i am getting 67.584gb. so i request you to please explain me how quick sizer tool works or calculates.

I request you to please help me to understand the fields of the quick sizer result which are shown in the above images.

Details needed for the below fields

SAPS(total-2-tier)

Memory Category

DB Memmory

DB Disk Cat

DB Disk GB total

SCU class

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can not get the HANA size of 9GB.

For your input quick sizer suggesting  you XS which is smallest size for HANA server.

And You also need to consider that for HANA installation, it also required OS resource.

For more information you can check quick sizer best practice.

Best Regards,

AJ

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Atul

Thanks for your email and sorry for the late response.

Let me put my question in as below

1. Now assume that i have a HANA system installed and it went on live also. Now bussiness wants to add/migrate a new KPI into the existing HANA system, so now i want to know how can i size for that new KPI.

for example: the new KPI will be having 200GB of data for next comming 5 years, now i want to add/move this new KPI into HANA system. For this i want to provide the sizing details accordingly like for 200gb of source data, for how much of hana memoryi need to plan.

Can you help me to get these details. or plesae provide me links or documents where i can find delta sizing details.

thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please find the below sap note , which contain requird report and supporting doc.Go through all and you will be able to do the sizing.

1872170 - Suite on HANA sizing report

BR

AKJ