Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of retries for a failed async message

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I understand that I can set the following parameters in NWA for number of retries of failed message

"xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default" and "xiadapter.inbound.retryInterval.default"

But say if my receiver system is down and number of retries is 3 then the message will be canceled after retrying 3 times ??

What if the receiver systems is UP after that....should not PI keep that message in Queue and resend the message when the system is UP.

At least that is what guaranteed dellvery means

hema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema

For async messages, after the retries have reached the limit, it will go into System Error status, and not Cancelled status.

Once your receiver system is back up, you can manually resend messages in System Error.

This is the meaning of the guaranteed delivery for Exactly Once messages.

The retries just means how many times PI will retry automatically. You can retry manually more than the limit in the property.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

>>>>But say if my receiver system is down and number of retries is 3 then the message will be canceled after retrying 3 times ??

Yes after 3 reties the message status changed to system error, it will not retry automatically after that, it is to reduce unnecessary retries.

>>>>What if the receiver systems is UP after that....should not PI keep that message in Queue and resend the message when the system is UP.

These system error messages we need to manually resend after receiver system is up, you can schedule restart job for every hour or it depends on your requirement in adapter engine, then these messages will be resend by the restart job.

Regards,

Praveen.