Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Z from date formats

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're using Get File action block to retrieve the file list and then displaying that file list in a webpage. Now, the date format has "Z" and seconds when it is returned in a XML- is there any way to remove the Z and seconds from the date format just before displaying in the web page?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

How are you trying to display it on webpage? The solution depends on that.

Also, let me know how exactly the date looks to you.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am displaying the file list via an exacute query, servlet and xslt. The format of the date is "yyyy-mm-ddZhh-mm-ss"

Regards

Rajeev

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You will have to modify the format in query template only in this case. If there is a way using xslt, I am not aware.

Thanks,

Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I am actually using a get file action block which returns a xml with "Z" in the date format- and this txn is called via an exacute query. Where do I need to modify the format?

Thanks

Rajeev

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You can use xml's replace function or else a repeater to do the same using expression editor after getFile action.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I am using a repeater and I am getting the date in desired format, but I am getting separate xmls, I want to merge them all in a single XML, what's the best way of achieving that?

Regards

Rajeev

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way would be to declare a common XML output document and append all the xmls to this document. The document can then be assigned to the outputParameter.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Turns out Append XML did the job...Thanks for your inputs anyways.

Regards

Rajeev

Answers (0)