Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to SOAP Passthrough scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a requirement Inbound and Outbound,

Is it possible to do File to SOAP Passthrough scenario in PI 7.1 dual stack.if yes tell me the process.

and in case SOAP to File also do i need to do Passthrough scenario or normal scenario.

Regards,

Bhagya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagya,

I'm a little confused with your requirements,  is your file an attachment on the SOAP or it will be embebed in one tag in a format like base64?.

For File to SOAP, whit the file as attachment you have several alternatives:

- Module adapter development:

- Java Mapping with this Raghu code:

- Specifying additional files in your sender file adapter http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/404ee507-3fbc-2e10-00bc-be90ab28d..., but this way i don't know if you need ESR development

For SOAP to file, you can read the attachment and to convert the file or you can use FCC if you want to change the SOAP payload into a file.

If you share more characteristics about your scenario we can be more helpful.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's coming as an attachment.If it is File to File we can go with Passthrough scenario,but its File to Soap viceversa so i am thinking weather it's possible or not.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaya,

At least per my knowledge in direct way you can't do it, you will need a little java process to deal with the attachments. Perhaps, someone can tell us a direct way to do it without own development.

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you picking it as an attachment? Do you want to post the attachment to webservice / the main file?

if you would like post attachment then use payload swapping bean so that attachment becomes main payload.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both should be possible.

It's just like any other scenario. You'll not having any operation mapping under interface determination.

Just configure channel with valid endpoint information. It should work as long as you send the xml with the expected format.

Did you try?