cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSF compilation problem with latest Sun RI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our JSF application uses the most recent version of the Sun RI - version 1.2_04 P01. When we deploy this application to NetWeaver Java EE 5 Preview Edition, the startup fails due to a JSF error. The error message is as follows.

Unresolved compilation problems:

The import com.sun.faces cannot be resolved

ViewHandlerImpl cannot be resolved to a type

The method getActionURL(FacesContext, String) is undefined for the type Object

The method writeState(FacesContext) is undefined for the type Object

If I recompile my application against the version of JSF included in NetWeaver (i.e., 1.2_01-FCS), I don't see this error during startup. If I include the Sun RI version 1.2_04 jar in my war, it's not used by NetWeaver so I can't resolve my problem by including the version that I require in the application.

Is there any way to override the application classpath so that jars that are bundled in my application archive will be used instead of jars that are on the NetWeaver server classpath?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NikiD
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

the JSF and JSTL libraries provided by the engine can not be replaced. There is a tricky text in the JSP specification about the additional libraries provided by the engine and the so called TLD order of precedence. However there is a upcoming preview of the NetWeaver that will provide JSF1.2_04p01 runtime.

Best Regards

Nikolai Dokovski