cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM : How to control table width in composite guibb placed in a Master Detail Tabbed Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My application has a tabbed GUIBB with many list GUIBB's.

As an initial development , I took it as a Master and detail .

Master has a Composite GUIBB containing a list GUIBB.

Detail has only one tab have a composite GUIBB with a list GUIBB in it.

Now my problem is to control the width of master(list table ) and tab(list table).

when I am using the property "UIBB surrounding  needs stretching " ,either one of the table is completely occupying the full screen.

Is there any way where MASTER occupies 1/3 rd of the screen and DETAIL occupies 2/3 of the screen.

Master table is completely occupying the screen

Detail tab table is completely occupying the screen

Looking forward for your help.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. And a little workaround not very acceptable, that I will describe here, just in case.

• First, we have one FPM_TABBED_UI that will hold a master list, and three tabs, one of them being another list.
  • The FPM_TABBED_UI is set to "UIBB Does Not Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched"
  • The master view is a FPM_LIST_UIBB set to "UIBB Does Not Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched".
  • This LIST_UIBB is rendered as ALV. I know it is deprecated but I could not find another solution.
  • Each column is assigned a width.
  • The tab is a FPM_LIST_UIBB_ATS set to "UIBB Does Not Need Surrounding Containers to be Stretched".

The result is that the master list is displayed and all the columns have the specified width. I mean, all the columns minus the last one that's just stretched to its true content width. Then, the rest of the browser window width is filled with the tab list. I can set columns' width for this detail tab list, but it will never change the global width of the container.

I am unable to set it to 50% of the total width for example.

Hope this workaround can help some.

If anybody has a cleaner way and a real solution to set width for those kind of configuration, please let us know.