cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Criteria in a Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to have search criteria in a web dynpro table for one of the column.

Rite now i am able to achieve filter criteria but i want search criteria.

For Eg: If i put Ind* in the input field of Country Column, all countries related to Ind should come like India,Indonesia etc.

if i use filter criteria, i should give exact country name in the Input field to get the exact country name.

Is there any way can we get the search criteria in the table

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

Let us say your table has around 10 records with different countries in it. and you apply filter criteria and you can filter like Ind*, etc. .. as you say its working fine

For filter help, refer the link Web Dynpro ABAP - Filtering in Table UI element

Now, coming to search criteria, are you looking for search help for the editor of column "country", then its same as normal field's search help , you can go ahead with OVS, Standard search help for country data element.

Refer the below link:

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnappa,

Actually i am looking for Search Criteria with respect to filter functionality,just like we do search in pdf and word document. But not search help or OVS

I already applied filtering as mentioned in the link before posting this discussion.

I thought filter functionality works only if we give exactly the name of the Country but after seeing your post i checked in my application by giving first three letters of the country with * eg: Ind*, it pulled out two records with India and Indonesia.

Without checking this i posted and after seeing the link i came to know that Filter functionality will pull the right records if we give with *.

Thank You very much for helping me again.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible by using OVS corresponding to the context attribute of the column that table you are looking for.

But let me know your inputs, whether are you using Zfield or standard field in the column. If you are using Zfield, try to use OVS directly to the context and if you are using standard field, try to modify the search help dynamically.

Let me know, in-case still you are not clear.

BR,

RAM.