Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribuition Function in Planning book

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!,

I facing issue in using distribution function in planning book.

I have to update one KF for many products & I'm trying to use the distribution function.

But the problem is I have many rows/products loaded in planning book & for each row/product I have to manually enter the value & operator. This is cumbersome.

Is there a way to update all products/rows in planning book with single execution?

What & how distribution formula can be used.

Any inputs in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaiz

I think you have performed drill down at detail all for products.

Please remain at higher level i.e. without drill down at header level and then select the respective key .

Now you should able to see the Key figure only once even you select number of articles. Now you can chose respective formula for selected key figure which will get then applied to allow the articles.

I just played around and it works. So it´s also good learning for me. .

Please do let me know if it works.

Amol

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the info, your suggestion may help me but the problem that I'm facing is that, If I load individual product in planning book then the KF is appearing in distribution function window.

But when I load all products the KF is not appearing in distribution function window.

Also I have observed that when I load individual product, the KF field is available in editable mode but when I load all products, the KF row in planning book is non-editable. I think this is preventing the KF appearance in distribution function window.

See below.....

When loaded single product

When loaded multiple products

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if you are trying above in Demand Planning or SNP planning book.

From the above information it looks like, you are not allowed to enter the data at aggregate level.

If it´s DP planning book, please check you macro´s. It might be restricting you to load the data @ aggregate level i.e. when you select multiple product. You can take a call together with business, if you allow the particular KF at aggregate level and it´s impact. But surely this solution works and getting used in our areas.

Please let me know if it help and fix your issue.

Amol

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your timely help.

I'm trying in SNP planning book & I learnt that there's no authorization to update KF at aggregate level.

Is it a standard behaviour or business organization requirement?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are trying to load the KF in SNP which Z* KF correct ?

If it´s Z* KF looks for the settings in the planning area /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN - Admin of SDP.

You can maintain the settings as 1 i.e. Aggregate at group level, retain value at detailed level in aggregation KF.

Please also check "Layout Attributes" macro and it´s conditions. I am sure this will help and fix the topic.

Amol