cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing Web Applications with WebStorm IDE

0 Kudos

Hey guys,

in the past I developed allready some UI5 Apps with eclipse, but due to the functionality of WebStorm I decided to switch the IDE. I allready read the nice document configuring-jetbrains-webstorm-for-ui5-development of Robin van het Hof. But my problem is now that I want to deploy the project on a tomcat server. So either I didn'f find any functionality in the IDE or there is none. I want to have the same functionality than with eclipse, so that when I change code in a file within the project, the IDE automatically updates the files on the server. A friend of mine told me to create and deploy the project with eclipse and to do the coding with WebStorm. But how or where do I store my project so that it updates the files on the tomcat.

The only thing that I want is to create and develop applications with WebStorm like I did it with eclipse. Is there any work-around to implement the same functionalities like the SAPUI5 DevKit for eclipse?

Kind regards,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is tomcat your local or remote?

0 Kudos

It's my local server.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what I do is following

sometime i have to restart tomcat (if i change web.xml or something) but generally this way it works.

0 Kudos

Hey that helped me a lot!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, although I haven't used it myself -- my UI5 developments are generally part of a Java / Gateway application which have their own deployment mechanisms -- WebStorm does cater for automatic deployments: WebStorm 9.0.2 Help :: Uploading and Downloading Files