cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default role for attribute role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where ECC and Portal system are connected. So the requirement is when ECC Role is selected in Access request then automatically portal role should be added up as default role in request.

I have checked in NWBC for default role there seems to be no attribute for Role selection but i can see for connector, system, company and etc which does't work for above requirement.

If it possible could you please guide me with simple sets so that i can try it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

We do not use default roles in GRC, and I don't know what you mean by "attribute role", so our use case may not be the same, but when we have an ECC role that also requires assignment of one or more portal groups, we accomplish that through role mapping. It works well enough for us.

Regards,

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

Thanks for the reply

I tried with role mining functionality but it did not work for me. I have configured in the same way when ECC role is added Portal is not getting updated to access request. We need portal role also to be added simultaneously in access request because role owners are different for ECC and Portal roles.

To be more clear my requirement is  - we have ECC Role 1, Portal Role 2.  When we select ECC role 1 in access request then automatically Portal Role 2 should also be added and after manager approval request should go for ECC role owner and Portal role owners approval.

And i cannot configure this functionality on attribute System because only for some ECC roles portal roles should be added automatically. When i try with below functionality Portal role will be added based on system not on Role i.e for request portal role will be added.

Could you please advise me on this further.

Regards,

Abhi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu and sorry Gretchen,

Yes, Role mapping has solved the issue. Actually paramter 2014 was not maintained once it is maintained mapped roles were visible.

Thanks all.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

I am glad that your issue is resolved. Please now do the needful by closing the discussion and indicating the correct answers for the benefit of others who encounter this same issue in the future.

Regards,

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

We used the following config paremeter for the Default Role Configuration

2010 : 001

2011 : REQUEST

2012 : *

2013 : COMPANY

We have added the ECC(General Display),BW (General Display),ECC Portal Role & BW Portal Role added to the Default Roles.

By Default the new user will get all the four Roles(ECC(ABAP Role)BW(ABAP Role),ECC(Portal Role)& BW (Portal Role)

I hope this helps..

Cheers

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the reply

Its not possible in my case because we have set attribute company for different workflow. More over as i mentioned in reply to Gretchen only for some ECC roles we need portal to be added in request but not for all the ECC roles available for access request.

Thank you.

Regards,

Abhi

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I can see that Gretchen has already suggested you the correct approach to use through ROLE MAPPING.

Map the PORTAL role to ECC roles which ever roles you want to map. Once you maintain the role mapping, maintain parameters 2014 and 2015 as per your requirement.

Once this is done, whenever users select the ECC role then mapped portal role gets added to the request.

You can maintain role mapping directly in the role as shown below or through role import template.

Regards,

Madhu.