Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status control for processor

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a business requirement were they run multiple ITSM(INC) for the same geography and we are enhancing there Incident management tool.

Based on analysis we found the reason for multiple ITSM Incident management tool is because of different support team.

I have proposed for merging of the multiple ITSM into one transaction type with the different support teams maintained under one root org unit and differentiate the support team via MLC.

The problem with the merging is that if any of the support team goes for enhancement with status or process, it would affect the other support team.

I wanted to know if we can control the status visibility for the processors in the support team ?

for ex : I have statues as below for both the team, and I just want few status to be visble for one team. or in future if the support2 adds any status it shouldn't be affecting the support1.

created

inprocess

forward to level 2   ---------> this status should not be accessed/visible for the support1

inprocess level 2

customer action

proposed solution

please provide your inputs for the scenario. The reason behind proposing the merging is time consuming for building and maintainence of multiple transcation types.

Regards,

Dillip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

I recommend you to work with sperated Users (e.g Processor Support Team 1, Processor Support Team 2 etc.), Roles (1 for the Processor Support Team 1, one for the Processor Support Team 2 etc.) and within these Roles with seperated definitions for the Authorization Object B_USERSTAT.

In the Status Profile you have a column called "Auth Code". From Standard theres only one value (SLFN) for all Status.

Now you have to create for all Status values a specific Auth Key e.g for New = SLFN_01, Withdrawn = SLFN_02 etc.

Now you create 2 new roles with only B_USERSTAT inside and maintain the specific values within the field Maintain only the Auth Keys in the field BERSL within the specific Role which the user should see.

Also STSMA should only contain the Incident Status Profile e.g ZMIN0001.

Afterwards assign the 2 roles seperated to the 2 users.

This Approach is called "Infrstructure role Approach".

Please be Aware that B_USERSTAT is only assigne d1 time to the user via your infrastructure role. So please DEACTIVATE B_USERSTAT in the Standard functional role which should be something like ZSAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Robert

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks, indeed it resolved my requirement by one means.

Regards,

Dillip

Answers (0)