cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigning class to material in product master in mass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

I want to assign class in product master in mass as My class is missing for 900 materials I need to assign class .due to these queues had been got stucked as reference produt not classified

Regards

Virender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi virender,

The screenshot is of create product, you said there are 900 materials with missing master data. Click on further classes and see if its available.

Pls assign class in R3 and then send it over. Pls note that the class IM should be active and the class /characteristics definition should be available in APO.

Pls check if the CIF application logs points to some missing master data.

Regards,

Vinay

jyotichalikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

You can assign the class in mass to all your products using the transaction /massd.

This transaction is used to maintain fixed or variable values to various master data elements.

Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

thanks for your response

Actually from R3 side I have maintained the class and configuration tick mark  & cross plant also

And my all products have got transferred to APO without class when I am again doing initial transfer it is suggesting that reference product is not classified

regards

virender 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

thanks for your response

In MassD I donot find attribute and component related to class . can you please suggest me which attribute and component .so that it can help me

regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender

I think MASSD does not support to upload class information.

I think you can use LSMW approach (LSMW Program to Upload APO MASTER DATA) to upload the respective values into class directly from txt file.

This should very simple and fast approach.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amol

Is there any other way other than LSMW

regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

You have to send first class and characteristics on APO side. Then send the materials again as initial transfer on APO side. On this way you will force the system to assign classification at product level in APO.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

Your right Before transfering materials to apo we need  to transfer classes and charcterstics.

But due to some reasons product are updated without class .due to which queues had got stucked .

Now if I want to assign class I need to delete product from apo and I need to transfer it again but it is time taking or else i need to assign manually or I need to go LSMW

Is there any other way to assigned class  to product other then above mentioned methods

Thanks & regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better to delete and resend the products again! On this way you will avoid inconsistencies. 

You can do products mass delete with t.code - WUF. You select object type Location Product, enter the SKU and location as attributes and Execute. Then you can delete if the SKUs are not tied to others objects.

You can run report /SAPAPO/CHECK_CLASS_CHAR or OM17 to find inconsistencies.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

Answers (0)