cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compose tab will not open in lumira 1.23

0 Kudos

preprare, visualize, and share tabs open nomrally.

"compose" tab  does not open.  it stays on the last tab that was in effect before.

has anyone else experienced this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AashishD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I had the same issues.

Although it is a bit like hammer on egg approach the following works for me.

1) Uninstall Lumira (1.23/1.25)

2) delete the .sapvi folder from the c:\users\<your user name>\
3) delete the sapvi folder from the c:\users\Public\

4) Regedit and remove all Lumira and sapvi entries (at your risk)

4) restart

5) Install Lumira (1.23/1.25)

I have no answers to why this issue happens or why the above steps work for me.

But these guys are working overtime to resolve these (and other) issues, so hopefully we will have a stable version soon.

From one pained user to another

Regards

Aashish Dabral

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I'm seeing the same behavior in v1.28 on Windows 10 VM.

Cannot render compose room and preferences will not display.

I followed Aashish's recommendation but the problem remains. I'll open a ticket with SAP support.

Thanks,

Matt Hawkins

0 Kudos

Matt - each time I upgrade Lumira (just did 1.28 last week) I have to update this file:

C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\SAPLumira (configuration settings file)

The bolded areas are what I update.  I close, reopen, works fine.  I think the @user.home variable is wrong.  It also gets overwritten during upgrade...try below and let me know if that helps!

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar

--launcher.library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807

--launcher.appendVmargs

-vmargs

-Xmx1024m

-XX:MaxPermSize=128M

-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

-Dhilo.shared.dir.name=sapvi

-Dhilo.maxvizdatasetsize=10000

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=true

-Dosgi.instance.area=@user.home/.sapvi/workspace

-Dosgi.configuration.area=C:/Users/Public/.sapvi/configuration

-Dosgi.checkConfiguration=true

-Dhilo.user.dir=C:/Users/Public/.sapvi

-Dorg.osgi.framework.os.name=win32

0 Kudos

Awesome, thanks Matt!

I replaced the SAPLumira.ini file with the content you provided and it worked.

You've saved me a whole lot of trouble, I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos

Excellent - I'm not gonna lie, I've had to revisit this thread several times (after upgrade) to remember what was done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant Matt. I had the same issue in 1.28 and your solution solved the problem. Thanks a lot. Saved me a lot of time.

AashishD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Henry Banks could you help us here...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - if it is an emergency, there is contact information here: - e-mail/phone and also on the Lumira Desktop home screen - see below:

AashishD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy

You are a life saver. I will connect with the emergency contact.

0 Kudos

Aashish -

No, I have not found a solution.  I have version 1.23 installed on a server that I can use in the short term, but it does not work on my laptop which I'm on most of the time.

I remote in to it, which is a pain...

Please let me know if you find a solution b/c my access is only temporary.

Thanks!

Matt

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of my dev colleagues suggests that a fix is forthcoming in the SP24/25 range.  the exact release vehicle is still to be confirmed.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry.

I had the same problem in 1.23.

I just updated to 1.25 and the problem still exists - no Preferences, and no Compose.

Any update on this?

Regards, Michael

AashishD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Did you find any solution to the problem. I am facing the same issue. No Compose Tab and no Preferences.

Please let me know if you find anything. I have a demo in 7 days...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are your preferences in Lumira?

Go to File > Preferences show? 

Could you use the camera to share the screen shots?

0 Kudos

File > Preferences will not launch either.

I should also mentioned that when I open it I see a welcome screen flash up that says, "what's new in 1.23" but then quickly is closed.

I've had similar issues before where I've had to modify the config file.  Something with sapvi ring a bell?

folder like this? c - > program files -> lumira ->

thanks Tammy!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very strange.  Could you check out your Lumira INI file?  See

Can you please see if cleaning cache via the following flag in the SAPLumira.ini file helps?

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false

Install drive:\Program Files >SAP Lumira > Desktop > SAPLumira.ini

from this thread

0 Kudos

added

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false

and I get this.  Tammy - I should also mention that our network in the office does some back up of our home directory (see how it's pointed to \\isshq....\mbrown3?  not sure if that has something to do with it.

after 1.22 I had to reset the ini file to this:

change file C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\SAPLumira configuration file to

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar

--launcher.library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807

--launcher.appendVmargs

-vmargs

-Xmx1024m

-XX:MaxPermSize=128M

-Dhilo.shared.dir.name=sapvi

-Dhilo.maxvizdatasetsize=10000

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=true

-Dosgi.instance.area=c:/users/public/.sapvi/workspace

-Dosgi.configuration.area=c:/users/public/.sapvi/configuration

-Dorg.osgi.framework.os.name=win32

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt - I am out of my league on the .ini file settings at this point; I hope can provide some guidance.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy ...sanity check anyway and good luck to your Jayhawks...

Here is a log file from \\Isshqvfinusr01p\cithomedir$\mbrown3\.sapvi\configuration, not sure what I'm looking at here:

!SESSION 2015-03-18 11:35:49.034 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=unknown java.version=1.7.0_65 java.vendor=SAP AG BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2015-03-18 11:38:06.899 !MESSAGE [SCR] Enabling components of bundle com.sap.hilo.zen.integration did not complete in 30000 ms !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2015-03-18 11:38:08.717 !MESSAGE [SCR - WorkThread] Timeout occurred! Thread was blocked on processing [QueuedJob] WorkPerformer: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager@5c09b65; actionType 1 !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-03-18 11:38:11.353 !MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.sap.ip.bi.base.application.DeclaredServiceActivator. The reference is: Reference[name = IActivatorBase, interface = com.sap.ip.bi.base.bundle.IActivatorBase, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addRICActivator, unbind = removeRICActivator] !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-03-18 11:38:13.141 !MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.sap.ip.bi.base.application.DeclaredServiceActivator. The reference is: Reference[name = IActivatorBase, interface = com.sap.ip.bi.base.bundle.IActivatorBase, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addRICActivator, unbind = removeRICActivator] !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2015-03-18 11:38:41.079 !MESSAGE Application error !STACK 1 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini). at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)