cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block sales order if any invoice older than 180 days is not cleared

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer requirement is he wants to create the sales order for a customer and check if any invoice older than 180 days is still open for that customer and that invoice has not got cleared through customer payment.

If it is so, then sales order still should get created, saved but delivery block should get set automatically in the order.

System should put a delivery block for any Sales order but it should allow to be saved .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done through automatic credit control in OVA8.

You can use the maximum open item % or the number of open items field or both of them. Based on this check, you can do the dynamic check and enable a credit block. Within standard functionality, you can only do a credit block.

You cannot do a Delivery Block per se, but a Credit block itself will prevent the creation of delivery if the credit block is not released. So by enabling this functionality, you can very easily achieve your objective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Navaneetha Krishnan for the reply.

You are correct that we can achieve this through credit block in OVA8.

I have tried Open items but could not achieve my requirement through it and I did not understand that option honestly. Though I read through F1 help for "Open items".

But then I used Oldest Open Item as per above and maintain the "Days Oldestitem" = 180 days.

Now I am able to replicate the requirement successfully for the sales order.

I would do the same thing for delivery, test it and share the results once get succeed.

In my requirement I could achieve it through "Oldest Open Item " for the sales order.

Appreciate if you explain purpose of  "Open Items" with example.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The purpose of clicking "Helpful Answer" is to award points to members who give useful suggestions and this being the case, don't try to your own post as you will not earn any points.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry ..

It was by mistake that I reviewed on my own post..I did not mean it.

Answers (0)