cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in connecting with Netweaver2004s Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a new guy in this area.

After some days working , I finally installed NW04s preview correctly on windows2003.

Now I've installed .Net2003 , PDK for .net2003 , Protal Runtime and SAP .NET Connector 2.0.

According to tutorials of Portal Development Kit for Microsoft .Net , I could deploy "Hello world" on NW04 and also see the result page.

But when I follow the sample -- "Accessing SAP NetWeaver Systems. Tutorial 1: Simple Find", I can't make the step 2 --Configuring the Proxy correctly.

The error is as follows:

(1)Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx

(2)Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM GWHOST=10.10.10.10, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=10.10.10.10, SYSNR=00

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR partner not reached (host Hostname, service 3300)

TIME Tue Apr 10 22:13:50 2007

RELEASE 640

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 37

RC -10

MODULE nixxi_r.cpp

LINE 8688

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn

ERRNO 10061

ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNTER 1

PS: Loopback IP: 10.10.10.10 255.0.0.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NCo proxy generator is for BAPI's, RFC's & IDoc's in ABAP stacks for a Java Stack.

-- Amit Chawathe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

how are you doing today ?

i am glad i could help out and get you started

hope your project goes well.

as you dont have any major support from any team and are doing this for educational purposes, i will be glad to guide you to seek knowledge in this field ...

also follow the guidelines, and reward each answer on merit, that is the key to getting help from all the experts on SDN )

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crphelp

also if there is feedback for me to improve in any way, please let me know, i am most glad to learn from it

thank you for the kind words and appreciation of my assistance to you (the points are also most appreciated), i am glad that my time was useful to you.

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS: And I can't get RFC functiions, the error as below

Assert failed:

at SAPConnection.RfcOpen()

at SAPConnection.OpenResources()

at Connection.Open()

at Connection.BeforeCall(SAPClient sapclient)

at SAPClient.BeforeCall()

at SAPClient.SAPInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamIn)

at BapiBrowserProxy.TreeInit(TypteFilter Filter_Object_Types, ObjectTypeIdTable& Object_Type_Id_Set, TreeNodeTable& Bor_Tree, ErrorTable& Error_Set)

at BORHierarchyRootNode.GetTab()

at BORHierarchyRootNode.CreateChildren()

at NodeSite.RefreshChildren(BooleanDelegate shouldStop, ArrayList childrenAdded, ArrayList childrenRemoved)

at RefresherThread.Refresh(NodeSite[] nodes)

at RefresherThread.Run()

at ServerExplorerThread.RunThread()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

thank you for the 'very helpful answer' reward points

please keep me up to date with your progress

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Amit,

Thank you for your detailed answer. I saw it when I was in my company this noon, I think it's very helpful for the person like me who is puzzled by this problem.

There is also questions:

(1)...c> chose a ABAP system (R/3, ECC5, ECC6) to communicate with

--- Is that means the system like netweaver 2004s preview(which dose not contain the ABAP) should not be connected by NCO?

(2)http://service.sap.com/installnw2004s

--- I cannot get close to this url because I don't have the peculiar account.

(3)elaborate the question of "SAP Proxy Wizard"

-

... on the window named "Add SAPClient" ,there is no option in the select list.

(4)I would be very pleasure if I could meet you on the web by daylight. Because I can only get on this forum after 20:00(GMT+8:00) every night.

With respect,

Thank you!

Message was edited by:

Deven Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

glad we could clear some confusion :-

1> the NCo proxy generator is for BAPI's, RFC's & IDoc's in ABAP stacks

for a Java Stack , you can generate the proxy by consuming the web service of the particular function you chose [it usues the wsdl tool for creating the proxy, and NCo is not required for this]

2> for a SAP Service marketplace id, you will need to contact SAP to provide you with one, all SAP customer's have access to it, you will need to speak with your team about it

4> thank you for the invitation to meet online, but unfortunately i will not be able to provide you with realtime support on messenger, i am completely swamped with demands on my time due to projects , coastguard and other service commitments and am struggling to stay afloat (so to speak) )

i apologise that it might be too slow for your pace, but it is the best i can offer to you under the banner of SDN [consultancy for SDN reward points )]

i am based in auckland, new zealand (GMT + 12)

during the day i do use gtalk so plz email me u're gtalk id (email to my primary email address on the SDN business card linked to my id)

i will add you, and will be glad to help you when possible

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks to your answers, I think I've found the direction to solve the problem.Let me have a try this weekend.

You are really a good man!

My gmail is devenfan@gmail.com. I will not trouble you unless it is necessary.

And about me: Soochow University - Suzhou - China . The team is just myself one.

I work it for my graduation paper.

With respect,

Deven

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I reinstall the Netweaver with SAPNW2004sABAPTrialSP11, I can see the RFCs in the Server Explorer(.Net 2003).

So I think the reason for this problem is that, the previous edition I have installed is fully a java edition.

Thanks to Amit ! Thank you! ^_~

With respect,

Deven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

how are you doing ?

for a 'connection refused' error, try

NCo

1> the firewall settings for the correct port

2> connection credentials : user , password, client

3> create a basic asp.net application and test the proxy before you deploy to NPDK

NPDK

if your 'hello world' sample is being displayed, but nothing else, try

3> check your asp.net version compatibility

4> make sure asp.net is running correctly

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,thank you for your help!

But the errors are also here.

1> the firewall settings for the correct port

-

I've turned down the firewall.

2> connection credentials : user , password, client

--- I can get close to http://localhost:50000, and do some configrations as administrator.

--- client? I don't understand. Is not the localhost?

3> create a basic asp.net application and test the proxy before you deploy to NPDK

-

When I use SAP component like "Label", it will show the "System.NullReferenceException" error.

-

When I use "SAP Proxy Wizard", I found that, on the "Add SAPClient" window the is no option in the select list.

3> check your asp.net version compatibility

4> make sure asp.net is running correctly

-- yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

as you are new here, i will ask for patience in resolving the issues, as it might be a while before we can nail this,and as we have a bit of confusion in the thread, lets work from the beginning...

before you start using NPDK and connect to other SAP systems using NCo generated Proxies, lets take it step by step :-

1> Create a proxy using NCo

for this you will need to :

a> install NCo

b> create a ASP.NET project

c> chose a ABAP system (R/3, ECC5, ECC6) to communicate with

d> chose a RFC to consume

e> consume it

f> perfom a successful rfc invocation cycle

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/51/d5470940fd564b888f4beb9523fa6c/content.htm

once you have performed this,

you need to check your NPDK config settings, in your scenario, because the Hello World is being displayed and not a control, the ASP.NET engine is not reachable from the portal side,

(the System.Write does not invoke ASP.NET and writes to the response buffer directly) however the control needs to be rendered by ASP.NET, which is not found ..

com.sap.portal.dotnet.framework.iViewProcessorService needs to be running and configured as per :

http://service.sap.com/installnw2004s -> - Installation - Clients -> Installation - PDK for .NET, "Configuring Portal-Side Settings" section

note 800842 is the central one which will allow you to drill down to any errors in config settings

--- I can get close to http://localhost:50000, and do some configrations as administrator.

--- client? I don't understand. Is not the localhost?

client for the backend system, eg r3, ecc5 ...

localhost / servername for portal ep6, ep7

-

When I use SAP component like "Label", it will show the "System.NullReferenceException" error.

ASP.NET cannot be found by the iViewProcessor Service

-

When I use "SAP Proxy Wizard", I found that, on the "Add SAPClient" window the is no option in the select list.

????

please elaborate

with respect,

amit