cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Size is going upto 961 MB in PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on employee master data interface where IDOC HRMD comes into PI and then PI writes the IDOC into XML file.

So it is simple pass through scenario.

Now in testing server when we are testing with 9500 employees the message limit in SXMB_MONI is 126.633.296 bytes and when we testing with 9700 employees in production the message size goes high up to 961,629,342 bytes which is as huge as 961 MB.

At source system we have checked that except the 200 employees data the volume of data is similar.

If we test for just 100 employees in production the message size goes to 15 Mb only.

So adding of 200 employees more should not cause this huge diffidence.

Please let me know if there is any setting for message size which is differing in test and production system.

Also let me how to handle this situation.

Regards,

Sachi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can control message size by using SXMB_ADM--> Specific Configuration.

In This use IDOC--> XML_Conversion(Parameter) Value 1 defautlt Value 2.

This will restrict your message size in SXMB_MONI.:)

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sachi

I am not able o find out the path you have mentioned in sap pi 7.4 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nunu,

Are you not working on PI 7.4 single stack??

For single stack there is no ABAP stack to maintain these entries.

Regards,

Sachi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dubey,

This is a really weird issue. Are you dealing with binary data?, are you sure that your your file receiver is not appending the data in the same file in different calls?.

Following with Hareesh idea, i just remember one of the last columns in PI 7.0 sxi_monitor when you can check the size of the message, have you checked this?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

No I am not using appending mode.

Last column in SXMB_moni is the place where I could 961Mb as Message Size.

And due to this huge size, it is failing in moni with HTTP RESPONSE CODE NOT OK.

I am not able to understand what is added so huge that size variate so much.

Similarly if I run for 100 employees, In SAP HR production server the data sent shows 2 MB, It becomes 15 MB in SXMB_MONI and when file is written on AL11, it is again 2MB file.

But for 100 employees in testing, DAT sent is 2MB from SAP HR, 2 MB in SXMB_MONI and 2MB when file is wriiten o AL11 of testing server.

Please suggest if anyone of you know any setting which is lacking in production and not testing

Regards,

Sachi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> If we test for just 100 employees in production the message size goes to 15 Mb only.

Did you test those other 100 employees whose data is not similar to test ?

Also in RWB, enable the "message size " attribute and sort them to see if you can find something

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh

I am not able to see  this messgae size attribute. can you pls help me to figure it out?