cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM (or CTS+) Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a doubt/question regarding the CTS+ / ChaRM Configuration.

I want to do a proof of concept for ChaRM. I don't really want to configure other systems (managed systems) from our landscape (lets say a SAP HR we have)

So I thought it might be possible to "simulate" a landscape creating within the SAP Solution Manager several different clients. So lets say, 100 for "Managing System", 200 for "Dev Client" (Managed System 1), 300 for "QaS Client" (Managed System 2), and 400 for "Prod Client" (Managed System 3).

Now, I am very experienced with SAP Solution Manager, but I haven't set up ChaRM or CTS+ (or cCTS) previously.

The issue that I am having is the following. As you can see, I have configured the CTS Clusters:

• CDV for Development Cluster with client 200 of SAP Solution Manager.
  • CQS for Quality Assurance Cluster with client 300 of SAP Solution Manager.
  • CPD for Production Cluster with client 400 of SAP Solution Manager.

As you can see, I have already configured the TMS parameters, but the issue I am having is with RFCs!

I am supposed to create a RFC from Solution Manager to each of the different systems. So I would create a RFC called "TMSDPL@<SID>.<TRANSPORT_DOMAIN>

The issue that I have is that I cannot create 1 RFC for each of the clients (200, 300, 400) simply because the system SID, so I cannot proceed with the CTS+ configuration for ChaRM.

Is there a workaround for this problem? Or is it impossible to simulate a "real" landscape within the SAP SolMan itself?

Thank you!!

Pablo

Kind regards,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Pablo. Look at First steps to work with Change Request Management scenario in Solution Manager 7.1 document - it will be very helpful for you.

Dolores explains the basics of ChaRM configuration within SAP SM's clients.

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this works for me. I completely missed Dolores blog/document.

Thank you!

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

She has a lot of great blogs on SAP SM

BR,

Artem

Answers (0)