cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QI Stock for Order based PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to purchase a material for an account assigned PO i.e. F-Maintenance Order. This material has Visual Inspection attribute. When MIGO is done, this material should be posted to Stock in Quality Inspection at first.

At present, while doing MIGO, stock is showing as Posted in Quality Inspection, however; it is not showing anywhere. And, we are also able to confirm the Maintenance Order which should not be.

I need to happen it this way:

a. MIGO and stock should be posted to Quality Inspection

b. Quality Team should approve/reject the material

c. Until the Quality Inspection is done, Plant Maintenance should not be able to consume/confirm the Order. "Stock in QI, Order is not possible to process further" an error as such.

Sorry, if this is a very basic query for QM. Anyways to do it in standard/Any Exits?

Regards,

Lakhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now where ever you want to purchase material from Maintenance order there are two types

1. Stock items - we are adding material number in component tab with item category as "L" for this system will create Reservation of that material. for this PR is not gets generated. for this case you need to create PR manually (dont give account assignment as F - Maintenance order). after GR Issue the material with 261 movement type against reservation generated for that material.

2. Non Stock Item - We will add material component with item category "N" system will generate PR with account assignment as F. after GR system create Inspection lot if inspection type 01 is actived in material master. but stock posting for this is not possible as after GR system consume that material against Account assignment (for this case Maintenance order).

Now to satisfy your requirement we need to follow below steps

1. add Material component with item category as L. (activate 01 inspection type in material master)

2. System will generate Reservation for it.

3. we can go for MRP run by adding MRP controller to pick all the quantity for reservation and generate PR against it. (in this step we need to have some development so that MRP will be run for PM materials only)

4. once material is received in stock, it will go with Quality inspection. you can create one storage location for plant Maintenance where stock will be receipt.

4. Issue that material against Reservation for it.

if you have any doubt please free to ask.

Regards,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chaitanya,

The MRP run is a good idea indeed.

I do not want to involve storage location in this process as it might be a length one. I was thinking of a Standard Process where Material will be purchased against a Maintenance Order and it will go to Quality Inspection. Here I understand that there will not be any stock anywhere.

Quality Department should check the lot and approve/reject it until then user should not be able to confirm the MO.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Now what you can do

1. Use User Exit - IWO10009  Customer Check for 'Save' Event at the time of IW32 Technical completion check the material component stock posting.

2. If you go and check component tab you can find there are three fields

Required Qty - RESBD-MENGE

Commited Qty - RESBD-DVMENG

withdrawal Qty - RESBD-DENMNG

3. in user exit you can write that whenever we are TECO the maintenance order system should check withdrawal Qty (that should be matching Required Qty). if this satisifty then allow to save or give error that Quantity withdrawal is still pending.

I think that will clear your doubt.

Regards,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Par for your reply.

I will certainly check this with my PM and QM cons.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This document may be of use to you for this purpose: You can take Code inputs from here and use in user-exit IWO10004 to prohibit TECO for the conditions you specify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks boss that is helpful..

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakhya,

If you want that after MIGO the stock goes to Quality Inspection and a inspection lot is create to you approve or reject it, you have to use the inspection type 01 in the material master of the material.

Kind regards,

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Natalia,

Inspection Lot is created, but before accepting/rejecting the lot, we are able to complete the maintenance order. My requirement is that it should put an error "The lot is not tested/rejected" etc.