cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table for inactive information views?

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Do we have any table in HANA to find inactive information views?

Is there any procedure given by SAP to activate information views at a time?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following query to find list of all Inactive information Views.

Select * from "_SYS_REPO"."INACTIVE_OBJECT"

I don't know whether any procedure is available or not to activate all the Inactive Information Views. But In HANA Studio that option is there.

Right Click on Content node and Select "Activate" Option, New Window - "Activate" will open and It will show all the Inactive views.

0 Kudos

Dear Muthuram,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the query and it is giving list of objects.

I did not find some analytic and calculation views which are inactive in the list generated by above query.

Can we also use below:

Content -> "ABC" Package -> Right click -> "Activate". Do we find all inactive objects in ABC package here at package level?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Yes, you can do the same package level too. It will load the inactive versions of particular package.

If you executing the query, It will display all the Inactive views irrespective of Owner.

But in studio Content Viewer, you can view the Inactive versions only belongs to the owner.

I am executing the query in editor using "SHANMUGAVEL" user.

I am having 3 Inactive Views in "MT" package out of which

2 are belongs to "SHANMUGAVEL" user and 1 are belongs to "SYSTEM" user.

Using "SHANMUGAVEL" user, I am going to see the views under Contents. Now I can able to see only 2 views and could not able to see the one Inactive view which is belongs to Other User.

I hope you got the point

Regards,

Muthu

0 Kudos

Thank you Muthu. I got your explanation.

I would wait for some more responses if somebody comes up with any standard procedure or can provide any other way out.

In our case, Transports are happening from DEV to PROD systems when we are not available in office. So, the effected information views become inactive which is causing reports unavailability until we activate them manually.

So, we are trying to find a way out if it can be automated with a procedure where it determines all inactive views in a particular package in content and activate all of them.

We need help from experts here to achieve this.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Can you please throw some light on the mechanism employed for transporting the views?

If you are using HALM, then the objects will get activated once they are imported successfully in the target system.

Please refer to this post where Michael also had similar issue of inactive objects in target and he also had to manually activate them.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3421420

0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

We are transporting views using Delivery unit.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Only packages assigned to Delivery Units can be transported. So, views/objects within those packages can be migrated to target PROD or QA system.

My question was how do you transport the objects?

Are you using Export - Import of Delivery Units or CTS+ or HALM ?

Refer to below link for more info on transporting objects to QA or PROD systems.

SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management - SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Libra...

Regards,
Tarun

0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

We are using Export - Import of Delivery Unit.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to go through the link for SAP HALM I posted in my earlier reply. This may help you to manage the development and transport of objects.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to HANA studio Switch ownership -> you could see list if inactive object of different user.

You can take over those object under you & you can able to activate those view.

Regards,

Kamruz