cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services Designer logon : <Session: SDK failure>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm not able to logon by SAP Data Services Designer because receive the error message: <Session : SDK failure>.

The system name , port number, username and password are correct.

I have also specified the system name in etc/hosts.

I did with successful a test connection to :

CMS

Job server

Database

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Your client machine is not connecting to the server.

I was able to reproduce your message by putting in a dummy server name and trying to login.

If I put in my real server name and a dummy user/password you would see something like these:

I suggest using IP address or fully qualified server name.  If that doesn't work - then talk to your network admins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the issue by hosts/etc , now i have this one :

Thanks.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

That looks to me that you are unable to resolve the database server that is hosting the local repository you are trying to connect to.  The repository was successfully registered with the CMS correct?

Try doing the same thing you did for the data services server in your etc/hosts file.  Add in the database server to this as well.

I would suggest, however, to avoid using the etc/hosts if possible - it is better to just specify IP addresses or fully qualified names.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Are you able to login to the Local repository successfully.

When are you getting this error message.

Usually we get this error when we dont have Oracle Client configured on the Client machine.

Install Oracle Client on the Client machine and then do a tnsping command from Command Prompt. If its is able to resolve the connection identifier then you should be good to go

Regards

Arun Sasi

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Could you please check below points to resolve this issue:

• Check the TNS details again
  • Check TNS Ping status using below command

tnsping net_service_name

For e.g: tnsping 10.5.2.125 Or tnsping PRD_Oracle

• Try to connect Database using command prompt, Oracle SQL Plus or using third party tool

Hope this will help !!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

it's very frustrating..

I have added the string in etc/hosts for the previous error.. Now i have this one:

Thanks for your help.

Andrea

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andra,

Please refer the above thread and test the Oracle connection then only you will know the excat issue.

BODS is unable to connect to Oracle database, So you have to check the connectovoty between Operating System where your BODS is installed.

Hope this will help !!

Thanks,

Daya

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I know that might lead to frustration.

Can you check the tnsnames.ora file which is under the Oracle Installation Folder under \network\admin on the Database Server. Copy the Tns entry from the tnsnames.ora file on the DB server with entry for SID = BIETLD and paste it in the tnsnames.ora of your client machine. This should solve the issue

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I find in the data services serve the file tnsnames.ora.

Where i have to paste this file in my client machine? Is it necessary to set any environment variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a Oracle client installed on the machine? Then that will have a tnsnames.ora file.

How are you connecting? Through TNS names or ODBC?

Also in the tnsnames.ora, be careful with the spacing. The spacing should exactly be the same as one on the server. Also your oracle password is sensitive to many characters. Double check the pwd with your admin as well.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

You would fine the tnsnames.ora file on the Oracle Installation folder of the client machine under the \..\network\admin folder.

Environment variables are optional, but you can set the ORACLE_HOME variable and set its value to the installation directory path of Oracle

You can find the Oracle Installation directory by executing the following commands in SQL Editor

SQL > var OHM varchar2(100);

SQL > EXEC dbms_system.get_env('ORACLE_HOME', :OHM) ;

SQL > PRINT OHM

You must be ready to go then!!

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Hope your issue is resolved!!

Let us know if there are any other issues

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

yes , is solved my issue.

I wrote a blog about my issues during the installation

Thanks you all for your contribution.

Best Regards.

Andrea

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know that finally issue is resolved!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very generic error primarily due to the mismatch in username of pwd. Is the client and server in same machine? Any issue with firewalls blocking etc?

Are you able to login to management console?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm able to login in management console with the same credentials.

Client and Server are in different machine.

I did a connection test using telnet to the Job server and the database from the Designer machine , and it is ok.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

This is a very generic error. Can you please put the  IP address of the server and CMS port Number in Host Name when you log in to DS Designer

e.g. 10.22.33.148: 6400

Usually this is due to a Firewall issue. Check that Port 6400 is open between your Windows PC where the Designer is installed on and the host where DS Server is installed

Also put the Fully Qualified Domain Name and IP Address of the server in your hosts file...

Hope this helps

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats your database? Oracle? Can you try the tracert ip from the client machine to server and see where its going?