Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI not returning data - yet objects on mobile device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am working with SAP Work Manager 6.1 on SMP 3.0 SP04

I am running the standard BAPI /SMERP/PM_DOWORKORDER_GET in SAP to check the output. (PRT data is not comming through to the client, even though there are PRT's linked to the operations)
input parameters are MOBILE_USER and USER_GUID.

However, in SAP, the output of the BAPI is empty: ET_RETURN: not data found

Still, we do receive work orders on the client...

We do have custom Java-code for this.

Should we change the application parameters in config panel? I noticed there are now parameters for STEPHANDLER, but not yet for our Z-Stephandler.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Judith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just set an external breakpoint to the BAPI wrapper /SMERP/PM_DOWORKORDER_GET for the mobile device user.

It will stop at the end, but you can check all the input parameters and see what is the difference between your test in SE37 and the call from Agentry.

Java changes are not relevant for the BAPI result.

0 Kudos

External breakpoints set in /SMERP/PM_DOWORKORDER_GET are not triggered when syncing data from a mobile device. However, there is a call to this module in transaction ST12 for the mobile user. The login window for the test user is open. How do I enter debug?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

alexandr_rudnev Did you change your debug settings to set the external debug user to the mobile device user?

0 Kudos

Yes.

Yes, the correct user has been set in the debugger settings. Before that, external breakpoints were used for the SAP user, then for the mobile user. Also, a separate sap mode was launched with this user (the same login in the mobile version and in the SAP).

Unclear. I can use CL_DEBUG in this module or infinity loop for break, but it is somehow wrong.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also don't place the breakpoint in the generic include code. Do it in the ENDFUNCTION statement or in the work order class.

0 Kudos

External breakpoints have been set both in the ENDFINSTION statement and within INCLUDE /syclo/core_bapi_template_incl on different lines. To no avail.

Ultimately I want to extend the structure ET_WORKORDER_HEADER STRUCTURE /SYCLO/CS_CAUFV_STR. Add field to CI_AUFK, for example. But I can't debug it.

> in the work order class

Have not tried this. Thank.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Your question is not clear to me but can you please check these tables as well

"ET_WORKORDER_HEADER",

"ET_WORKORDER_OPERATION",

etc...

may be that will answer your question.

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

All these other ET_WORKORDER_HEADER etc tables are empty.

only one return in the table ET_RETURN saying 'no data'...

which is strange, since the client recieves some objects.

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Judith,

follow these steps

1) Reset your client

2) Transmit now to fetch workorders

3) What you see in transmit screen (for fetch workorders).Do you see like below screensnap ?

instead of flight you should be able to see "New workorder '100XYZ...' has been received".

4)Even if you Reset Client and still it is receiving new workorder/s then you will have to see exactly which BAPI_WRAPPER is been mapped in config panel.

Regards,

AK