Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/w Business Process Analysis and Improvement GSS

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Solution Manager Engagement and Delivery workcenter there are many Guided Self Services (GSS) available. Out of that Business Process Analysis and Business Process Improvement seems to be very similar.

The data collection from the Managed system happens in the same way and transferred via ST13 "ANALYSISBROWSER". The report generated from both the services are very similar but still Business Process Analysis seems to cover more KPIs.

Does anybody know how the 2 services are different? (what different purpose does these 2 services serve?)

Also in Business Process Analysis services there is an option of generating a MS powerpoint report but when i am generating the report only the title page and the last page are generated, there is not system data and there also no macro available to run and generate the report (like in Soluton Documentation blueprint report).

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

From result perspective, both of them provides same word report. (Due to the used framework, PPT button appear, but it is not supported).

Business Process Analysis service run on the classic view (service session framework like EWA report). For better use, Business Process Improvement is provided as of certain SPs level.

BPI is run on guided procedure frame, so like SOLMAN_SETUP, web based wizard screen is available.

Since content to create service report is same, even you work on one of the service type, you get same word report.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thanks for the reply. Even i found the to reports similar but still there are differences.

I had run both the services on the same managed system for the same time period. But for BPA I got a 44 page report and for BPI I got a 29 page report. There is a summary of findings missing in BPI and also few keyfigure analysis seems to be missing in the BPI.

From the SAP recommended approach point of view is there any difference as to which service is to be used in which scenario?

Regards,

Vishal

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

If you use same GUID for both, do you still see different result ?

In BPI, if you look at check detail, don't you see similar checks ?

And if you choose executive summary section, isn't it appear in report ?

(I mean step2 check detail part)

I think BPI is introduced in EGI course and it uses latest framework.

So I assume recommended one is BPI.

But I also believe both provide same content.

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I used the same GUID and the reports content were different.

Yes BPI seems to be the latest one, but I found BPA report was better.

Regards,

Vishal

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

From SDN I cannot judge why BPI create short report, I would recommend to open sap incident.

Best Regards

keiji

Answers (0)