cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating a Dual Stack system (7.00 SR3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

I'm migrating a NetWeaver 7.00 BW dual-stack system and I want to check my approach.

I have selected via SWPM: System Copy > Oracle > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP and AS Java > Central System

SWPM still gives you the option of selecting to "START MIGRATION MONITOR MANUALLY". I've always used this option for pure ABAP systems to have greater control over the migration monitor (migmon) R3load process.

However this option doesn't mention explicitly Java or JMigMon. If I'm running migmon manually do I also need to run any jmigmon or other Java-specific processes before continuing with SWPM? (Jload I've also read up on but that is only valid from 7.02 onwards and this system is 7.00).

The SAP system copy guides and notes are pretty vague (or entirely ignoring) the process of a dual-stack migration. There is no specific consideration there for manually running migration tools for a dual-stack.

I am continuing to test the best process, but I'd love to get input from someone who has carefully refined a process for manual optimised migration of a dual-stack system.

Thanks & regards, doonan79

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jamie,

SInce your system is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.00, there it no option to manually start the Java Migration Monitor (JMigmon).

I am not sure which system copy guide you are referring to, however the System Copy guide for Dual-stack system does have section only for Java Migration Monitor: Jload Procedures Using the Java Migration Monitor.

As described in this section, the Java Migration Monitor option is only available as of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP 2.

I suggest you download the latest version of System Copy guide for your reference during the system copy procedure:

http://www.service.sap.com/sltoolset ->

Software Logistic Toolset 1.0 ->

[Scroll down the page] System Provisioning ->

System Copy: Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0/7.0 EHPs

<operating system> | ABAP+Java

Then, for releases before SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP2, the SWPM is responsible to handle with java import.

I hope I could clarify your queries.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

SAP Active Global Support

-------------------------------------

#2081285 - How to enter good search terms to an SAP search?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2081285

SWPM Troubleshooting documents:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62646

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie

The way you are following ABAP system migration almost same way in dual stack also, in your case you no need to select the  ”START MIGRATION MONITOR MANUALLY" but  if you are  familiar you can use this option

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey SS, yes you're correct. After the manual migration monitor SWPM handles the Java import (no manual option there). Seems to be moving along without issue so far. Cheers