cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Creating an Extended Web Dynpro Application Tutorial"

Former Member
0 Kudos

The https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b1a3e990-0201-0010-aeb2-a2ef5bc3da8e">tutorial [original link is broken] [original link is broken] suggests creating a T viewset (pages 12-14) and then embed the WelcomeView in the top view area. Although that's possible, I then end up with -two- WelcomeViews (one inside the viewset, and one outside it), since the NWDS automatically puts a WelcomeView in the diagram (probably happens when creating the QuizComponent).

At first I tried dragging the existing WelcomeView into the top view area, but this doesn't seem to work. So I left it there and added another WelcomeView in the top view area. But when running the application, the navigation doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing because it's looking at the "wrong WelcomeView".

So I tried deleting the WelcomeView that's not inside the viewset, but now I don't see anything at all; the resulting browser window remains blank.

I probably need to fiddle with in inbound or startup plug or something, but I can't figure it out (I'm doing the tutorial, after all ).

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kars,

After deleting the Welcome View which is outside the View Set right click the ViewSet and select "properties" (last option) from the opened context menu and the set default property to "true".

You will get the desired result.

Do reward points.

Regards

Sid

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sid! That solved it; I didn't realise ViewSets have a "default" property too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kars,

you can assign to a ViewSet new Views or existing Views, but not with drag&drop.

You can assign View to ViewSet into the context menu of this last one.

If the window appear empty or blank check the default property of your View into the default window.

It must be set on TRUE.

PS: Reward points for helpful answers.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile