cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading SAP documents to Syclo iPad device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , I want to download all attached documents availble in SAP to Syclo iPad . is it possible ? Ex : Equipment (1000005) has 3 documents in SAP 1) xyz.pdf 2) abc.doc 3) jkl.txt when i do sync with SAP those documents i want to download in iPad  for equipment 1000005. can we download this way ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

You don't mention what product you are working with but assuming Work Manager 6.1/6.2 the attached documents are setup out of the box to download on demand via a background push rather than always during the sync. 

Yes Agentry supports the scenario you describe but you will need to modify the application definitions to make it work.  Also, please be aware that depending on the size and number of documents that this may significantly increase the transmission times for sync.  That is primarily the reason they are setup as on demand push.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill , I am using workmanager 5.3 with Agentry version 6.0.22.0. is it possible in this version ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Yes it can be done there as well, but since attached document support is not provided out of the box for that version you will have to do more work to get it configured.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill , Thanks for your replay ... Can you provide some suggestion ? or do you have some documents for it ? so it can help me to understand , how much effort required for it ? Because , as per my knowledge , its coming by default in SMP 3.0 with WM 6.2 . right ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal--

This will help:

Document Handling Support in Work Manager 6.0

Cheers,
Fouad

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Work Manager 6.2 does support attachments by default but they are downloaded on demand one by one.  The base product does not have a download all during fetch option.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

There was actually a note released recently related to downloading documents through the fetch.  Please review the following for more details.

2142473 - Ability to download documents synchronously in SAP Work Manager application

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill , I was just wondering, if SAP has attached document in Equipment ex 123.txt (in SAP ECC Backend) then how we do mapping to download those document to iPad client in Equipment screen . Because those documents are not store in SAP back end tables. can you please guide ? or How can i do mapping here ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Answers (0)