cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Optimization in IBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to execute inventory optimization from excel but every time I was experiencing an error.

Is there any pre-configuration required for this as was in case of stat forecast?

Can anyone please share me the steps that I have to follow in order to execute inventory optimization successfully in IBP?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

Is your planning area created from scratch or is it a copy of SAP standard planning area (SAP3)? If it's a copy there are few attributes, that you need to define as a Key Figure before you can run the Inventory Optimization algorithm.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Can you please mention the attributes that needs to be added as KFs in my PA?

Can you please mention the steps for attaching these KFs to the inventory optimization Algo?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

With an upgrade to Patch-3, the IBP - Inventory attributes list was changed a bit. Before suggesting which all attributes you need to mark as Key Figures, can you please let me know which version of IBP are you in (please Include the patch no.)?

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

I am using IBP 4.0 Patch 3.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

There was a similar query in another thread where I have highlighted the steps. CUSTGRP attribute was not there in Patch 2 but was added in Patch 3. You would need to update your master data file accordingly.

Thanks,

Srikant

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3751501

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikant,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the thread thoroughly and have done the configuration as mentioned. Although the problem related to CUSTGRP has been resolved, I got stranded with a new kind of a problem. The new error message , as it goes, is as follows:

Error in SingleStage: Error Number: 260 Error Message: invalid column name: IOFORECAST: line 1 col 188 (at pos 187)

Need some guidance on this,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

Please see my reply in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3751501

Thanks,

Srikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Suprio

Can you please tell the exact error or some screenshot you get while running inventory optimization?

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Following are the errors:

1) Error in BatchMode: Error Number: 287 Error Message: cannot insert NULL or update to NULL: PLOBJID

2) Error in SingleStage: Error Number: 260 Error Message: invalid column name: CUSTGROUP: line 1 col 89 (at pos 88)

I had my KFs and MDTs all filled with required values. Still I got these errors.