Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Element Extraction using MDMGX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I try to exract cost element data I am getting follow error

No customizing entries found for this extraction

Invalid input parameter for function MDM_ERP_CELEM_DESCR_EXTR called for port COST_ELEMENTS_DESCR

Invalid input parameter for function MDM_ERP_CELEM_EXTR called for port COST_ELEMENTS

So I try to maintain SQL contrains (Where Clause) as KOKRS = '1000' but still getting same error . Is any thing is missing at my end?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

please check <http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49374> for details.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I am following same,

My edition's vailidy from date 20150301 and my KOKRS=1000.

So I am maintenaing SQL Contrains (Where Clause) as KOKRS= '1000' in table MDMGXC1 for cost element along with default functions provided by SAP .

In CSKB all cost elements (App 6K) are within  this validity period means from valid date is less than editions from valid date.

So not sure what more customization needed by MDMGX for cost element for respective functions mentioned in above thread

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

the document states in chapter "3. Maintain Ports and Check Table":

Cost Element

Cost Elements use function modules for data extraction. Specific settings for the ports and check tables are not required. Refer to the next chapter for details about the selection.

Please follow the instructions of chapter "4. Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases" that describes how-to handle Cost Elements.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I followed same and updated in step 4 which shows

CostElement MDM_ERP_CELEM_DESCR_EXTR KOKRS = ‘1000’

CostElement MDM_ERP_CELEM_EXTR KOKRS = ‘1000’

for table MDMGXC2, But no luck to get rid from above error. Any clue?

Also need one information, during Data Import can you tell me the reason of not loading delta success records in Change request even if some delta records are failed during validation from same XML file lke LSMW?Also error records does not give any record number or any key field patricullary for cost center.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

just retested the extraction in on of our local systems, it's working fine. Did you enter the extraction criteria manually or did you use copy and paste? There is an issue with copy and paste (see the how-to for all details) with the single quotation mark to be used for the values. A paste sometime transfers the ' into a ´ which is not valid, of course.

The load uses the "all-or-nothing" approach since we cannot split the files. The DRF log should mention invalid records - if this is not the case, there might be some SAP notes missing in your system.

Best regards

Michael

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Load the CE and its description first and then Cost element. I used std upload approach as its very easy compare to this tool.

Try and load description first and then CE...let me know if it works.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

In MDMGX I am getting error no reaching to MDG at all for load purpose. This is extraction error. I tried to load with file download/upload but seems some issue as for 6-7K records also it times out I tries with 200 records and it is successful. So I guess it records >500 then MDMGX is preferred method