cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Level Root Question (Periodid Vs Monthly)

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question related with planning level configuration.

In the standard SAP Planning area

SAP2 - All  the planning levels have been defined monthly attribute as the root for time

SAP4 - All the planning levels have been defined periodid attribute as the root for time

What is the difference between both type of configuration. (Selecting Monthly / period id as the root, what difference it creates and how it affects other areas)

I was testing consensus demand key figure in SOP 3.0 and I am unable to edit the key figure value in my planning area (KF value change in Excel) which is a copy of SAP4 planning area. Initial response from SAP OSS is to modify the planning level and use monthly instead of Periodid (But I have just copied the standard SAP4 planning area).

Uploading the key figure using KF template works fine but issues comes only when I tried to change the value in Excel or try to input new values in blank cells.

Same thing I also tested in IBP 4.0 FP1 Patch 1 and configuration is exactly the same as SOP 3.0 (Both SAP2 and SAP4 planning area) but I am able to modify consensus demand key figure in both the copied planning area (Copy of SAP2 and SAP4)  irrespective of monthly / periodid selected as the root.

Please let me know if you have observed this before and what are your feedback/suggestions.

Thanks

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prmandavia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Were to able to find the reason behind this ?