cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change Item Category of BOM component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing Guided Structure Synchronization (GSS).  GSS helps in Syncing Source BOM (Engineering BOM) to Target BOM(Manufacturing BOM).

During the creation of EBOM, designer may not have complete information about the Item category, So by default it is set as "L"(Stock Item). When MBOM is created, It should have correct Item category. Using GSS, while synching operation from EBOM to MBOM, Item category is also copied and it is not allowed to change.

Is there any way to change the Item category before Sync operation in GSS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

OmPrakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello OmPrakash

As far as my knowledge there is not standard functionality for replacement of item category after sync'

to manufacturing BOM . We have developed the enhancement  which takes replace the item category 'L" by 'K' in M-BOM.

Cheers

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish ,

Could you please share where did you develop this enhancement.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OmPrakash ,

We have similar requirement. In general we can not change Item category of position in BOM.

Also in CS02 manually .

We delete the postion and create postion with new Category in next synchronization.

To do this , we have created own conflict and associated Action .

We raise this conflict in Fieldcontrol BADI , and in Action Proposals , we terminate Vertex and create new Vertex.

Presently this Solution is in Testing. Till now looks fine.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

This looks interesting. Can you please elaborate on the details of the BADI used and also regarding Conflict and Action Proposals

This will be helpfull

Regards,

OmPrakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omprakash ,

BADI used is  /PLMB/GSS_FIELDCONTROL .

Conflict is created based on Postion type. SAP recognizes this conflict and gives conflict in Reconsliation workbench.

When user solves this conflict , BADI /PLMB/GSS_ACTION for our customer defined Action.

In this Implementation , Target Vertex would be deleted and New Vertex is created.

Key Mappings has to be adjusted with new Vertex.

I have seen some side effects of this Solution. I am trying to solve them.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi OmPrakash,

which item category do you need?

You can try the following BADI:

Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - PLM Web User Interface - PLM Web Applications - Guided Structure Synchronization - Business Add-Ins for Guided Structure Synchronization - Enhancements of Guided Structure Synchronization - BAdI: Mapping of Source Vertex to Proposed Target Vertex

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas Rakoczy,

This is the Badi i am looking for. I tried to use this BADI to change BOM Item Category, Say from "L"(Stock Item) to "N" (Non stock Item). But it is not working.

Any further suggesion?

Regards,

OmPrakash