cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating customer specific deployment reqs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our supply network has a DC that is sourcing from a plant. The demand at the DC is at location-product-customer level in DP. We are releasing to SNP/PPDS with location as a descriptive characteristic. So far so good.

We want to run a SNP or PPDS planning runs so that the demand from DC is carried to the plant, a planned order at the plant as needed and then deploy that stock to DC in deployment run at the customer level.

What this means is at end of the planning runs, we want deployment reqs. that are specific to each customer and not one single qty. for all customers.

Example:

We have DC1 where we have material M1 and 3 customers C1, C2 and C3

Forecast in DP:

M1, DC1, C1 has 100 CAR

M1, DC1, C2 has 150 CAR

M1, DC1, C3 has 200 CAR

The forecast is released to SNP/PPDS at the material-location-customer level.

Desired end result:

deployment req1: 100 CAR going to DC1 for M1 and C1

deployment req2: 150 CAR going to DC1 for M1 and C2

deployment req3: 200 CAR going to DC1 for M1 and C3

Is this possible in APO using either SNP or PPDS using heuristics/CTM or optimizer?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KA,

An easy solution could be to broke the model in three parts. Each model will have as selection the desired network flow from plant to customer.

Model1: M1, Plant, DC1, C1

Model2: M1, Plant, DC1, C2

Model3: M1, Plant, DC1, C3

Then you run the Heuristic & Deployment for each model separately.

Another way is to use a dummy PPM & Location  to control the output. But this is really hard as solution.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marius

Thanks for taking time answer.

What did you mean by creating a model? you mean in /sapapo/mvm? or a different CTM run for each of the three and specify only Plant, DC, C combination in each?

I am afraid creating separate models isn't an option as this would not provide an overall view and not an efficient option from system usage point of view.

If I go about creating separate CTM runs, the system would delete the previous orders and create a cumulative order qty.

I am thinking may be try checking the indicator "fix Production" and "fix stock transfers" in SNP2 tab and tell CTM not to touch fixed orders, that way the system creates 3 different orders form three runs? you think this may work?  I will test out any way...but just asking...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KA,

Yes, separate CTM run (CTM Profile) with separate three master data. For those three separate customer demand you will have separate receipts and the CTM run will not delete any order created if you choose the strategy - Do Not Delete Any Orders and Planning Mode - Replan All Orders.

The CTM will not delete the FIRMED Orders. In my opinion, the fix orders are deleted!

Thanks, Marius

Answers (0)