Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad not capturing location data in WM5.3 for iOS8

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While adding notifications from the device iPad ios7, the device is capturing location data(Latitude and Longitude).But when i am adding notification from the device iPad ios8, location data has been not captured.Please suggest if there are any setting in ios8 in iPad to capture the location values.

Application used in both iPad's is Work Manager 5.3 and Agentry Client Version v6.0.50.1.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

This is a known issue.  Apple made changes in iOS 8 which affected the location control and necessitated a change in the Agentry client.  I know Engineering is aware and working on a fix although I don't know when it is expected to be released.

--Bill

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the confirmation.I just want to confirm the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ios8 cannot capture location data in agentry client, then does this have an impact on the GIS functionality integrated in WM 6.2 .since location data cannot be captured.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regadrs,

Sravanthi Polu

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Not out of the box.  WM 6.2 GIS functionality is focused on mapping existing objects.  This does not use the location control but instead downloads object geometry with the workorders/notifications/equipment/functional locations and displays them on the map.

This same bug may be affecting the SMP3 Agentry iOS client but I have not tested it yet there so can't say for sure.

--Bill

Answers (0)