cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Sales Orders on ECC from PI

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue is duplication of inbound IDOC's in ECC with same sales order/client order. Flow of message is Xsystem -->SAP PI--> ECC.

But in PI this is an pass through interface.

Xsystem is also an PI sytem has a pass through interface is directly posting the message to our PI. We are sending as it is to ECC since this is a passthrough in our PI.

Note: There is no conditions used in receiver determination.

Please help me here to understand the possible cases of creation of duplicate IDOC's ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakrishna,

Check in WE02 how many IDOCs for that sales order and by taking the PI message ID in WE02 from the IDOC control record (it will be in last tab) and check in PI how many messages.

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The Xsystem is also an PI system. It is receiving data from another Partner. Our and Xsystem both are using same version 7.1. .

The Xsystem has posted two messages to our PI integration engine. We have sent same two messages to receiver ECC. But in ECC with the same two message id's four idoc's were created (duplicated).

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakrishna,

• Are you using any custom inbound function module in process code in ECC?? If yes then debug the function module and see may be there it is creating duplicate IDOCs?
  • Try process using WE19 and see duplicate IDOCs are creating or not?

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am not aware of custom modules defined in ECC since i am from PI. So far my analysis on this is as below,

• I have taken the Inbound IDOC Message ID in ECC.
  • Opens that message ID with IDX5 in PI and gets the TID number.
  • Again in ECC go to Tcode SE16N and open the table EDIDS.
  • Keep the TID number in EDIDS table and execute.
  • Here i got the IDOC which is created with the same message id.
  • But this IDOC status shows "68".
  • I am concluding that this is the original IDOC of status 68 created in ECC with the message id processed from PI.

But,still i have question that why other duplicate IDOC's has been creating with the same message ID with status 53  ??????

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sivakrishna,

My few cents,

Take one of the detected IDOC duplicated and search in sxi_moni  for example with the payload-based search, try to trace them until your sender system.

Try to enable the IDOC duplicate recognition according this note 1559965 - IDoc adapter: Duplicate recognition to let the sender system recognizes an IDoc number as a duplicate.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

I have checked the Note 1559965. The configurations given in this note are for outbound idoc's duplication recognition probably. But, my case is for inbound idoc's duplication recognition.

see my points below,

• I have taken the Inbound IDOC Message ID in ECC.
  • Opens that message ID with IDX5 in PI and gets the TID number.
  • Again in ECC go to Tcode SE16N and open the table EDIDS.
  • Keep the TID number in EDIDS table and execute.
  • Here i got the IDOC which is created with the same message id.
  • But this IDOC status shows "68".
  • I am concluding that this is the original IDOC of status 68 created in ECC with the message id processed from PI.

But,still i have question that why other duplicate IDOC's has been creating with the same message ID with status 53  ??????

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need some one's help to understand the issue please. It is very clear that messages are not getting duplicated in PI.

Is there any possibilities in ECC for generating these duplicate IDOC's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Is Xsystem the source system or it is also receiving the data from some other source

ex: Source--> Xsystem-->your PI--> ECC

Thanks,

Shaibayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakrishna,

Did you check if the Xsystem is also posting exactly one Idoc to your PI system? Just ensure that there aren't any duplicate msgs from the Xsystem?

Can you provide more details on the version of your PI system and Xsystem and if you have seen any other issues prior to this.

Regards

Charan