cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC connection to HANA in .net app

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to connect to HANA database from a .net windows app.  Here is my code:

Dim _strConn As String = "Driver={HDBODBC32};Server=172.16.xx.xx:31015;Database=xxx;UID=xxxxxx;PWD=xxxxxxx;"

Dim _conn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(_strConn)

_conn.Open()

I got the following error: {"ERROR [08S01] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB32 DLL][HDBODBC32] Communication link failure;-10709 Connection failed (RTE:[89006] Syste"}

Please help!  Thanks!

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

What is your HANA Version SP08 or SP09?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my HANA version is 1.00.73.00.389160.  I assuming that is SP07?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Can you please try this connection string, I hope It would work.

This connection string is working fine for me. (I am connection HANA DB from one third party tool using this connection string)

Driver={HDBODBC32};ServerNode=xxxx:3xx15;UID=<USER_NAME>;PWD=<PASSWORD>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Muthuram.  Now I realize the issue is not at the connection string syntax.  It is the server setting.  The HANA server setting does not allow this kind of connection.  I need to work with HANA admin to figure this out.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

typically you wouldn't provide a DATABASE parameter for a ODBC connection with SAP HANA.

As we don't see the full error message, it's difficult to come up with any hints to resolve this.

But very likely, you could eliminate error sources like your coding or the connection string by simply using the ODBC driver that comes with SAP HANA and perform a connection test with it.

How you can do this is explained in the documentation and also in this ancient piece of SAP HANA blogging by yours truly

- Lars