cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change "filter" text by an icon in ALV toolbar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This is probably a simple question for you guys but I become crazy so I prefer asking. I did it once by chance and it was simple but can't remember how I achieved this.

I have an application that is displaying an ALV list, with standard functions in the toolbar. Far right are the standard "Filter" and "Settings" functions. I'd like to simply have the icons instead the text for those functions.

I thought it was a simple application parameter but cannot find which one to use. Anything to do with W3C, W2C, Wxx rendering type or whatsoever?

Please help as this is making me sick.

Best regards,

CC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CC,

Are both snapshots from same system? I suspect, your system version is on lower side.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Nope, I think they are of different versions, actually. This is a point I have in mind. I checked yesterday in most of the standard ALV classes and interfaces and regarding the standard functions, there is obviously no way to set the image source property for SALV_WD_FILTER or SALV_WD_SETTINGS in the version I'm running.

I think I am just going to close this thread shortly, but I'd be grateful to know the end of the story.

Thanks for your input.

BR,

CC

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK, the alv toolbar icons are not available in 7.02. May be it was introduced in later version 7.31

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama,

This is pretty correct. My ECC landscape is in 7.01 regarding Netweaver, but I have my gateway system that is in 7.40. I created a test ALV webdynpro application and the result is quite amazing. Icons are available for those standard functions.

My BI landscape is in 7.31 and there as well, icons are available. Exactly the ones that are in my screencopy.

Problem solved!

Thx and BR,

CC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe ,

Sorry I cannot access the system , but you may try the below steps

1) lo_button = Create a button using CL_SALV_WD_FE_BUTTON

2) Set the Image source etc e.g. setting of lo_button->set_image_source( '')

3) LO_ALV_CFG_TABLE = Get reference to cl_salv_wd_config_table using the interface controller get_model method.

4) lo_btn_settings = Get reference to standard toolbar function using IF_SALV_WD_FUNCTION_SETTINGS~GET_FUNCTION_STD

5) Finally set the editor of standard function passing the button created in first step lobtn_settings->set_editor( lo_button )

Still if it doesn't work , another option could be , hiding the standard functions and creating a custom filter/settings button .

then following the above stepsexcept the 4th step which should be replaced by creating new function using IF_SALV_WD_FUNCTION_SETTINGS~CREATE_FUNCTION .

And then in the event handler you can call the standard cl_salv_wd_table methods.

Hope this helps . I would be able to post the exact code hints by tomorrow once I get to office.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rini,

Thanks for the effort. But, first of all, I am pretty sure that we do not need to add code to get the desired result. Then, I need an icon, not a button, and there is no class like CL_SALV_WD_FE_ICON available.

Still investigating...

Cheers,

CC