cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Management in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, can anyone tell me the best way to solve my issue. I have a replenishment movement type 320 for storage type FBS (Fixed Bin Storage). I want to automatically send TO's to certain queue's based on the aisle the FBS resides in. I thought this could be done by assigning a picking area to the FBS bin location and then adding an entry in the queue management table.

Has anyone tried this with Queue management as it doesn't seem to work?

Thanks

Barto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

In transaction SPRO:LE->Mobile Data Entry->RF queue management->Assign areas and activities to queues set

warehouse number: LLL (your warehouse)

Screen: 3 Single Item Screen

Transfer Type:X

Source Storage Type: NNN (your source ST)

Source pick area: ***

Destination storage type:MMM (your destination ST)

destination pick area: ***

Queue: Your replenishment queue name

reward points if helpful.

Cheers,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh, have tried exactly this a few times but doesnt seem to work. I wanted to have multiple queues for this but i can only get it working for the first queue in the table. I have tried entries for:

Warehouse: ###

Scr ST Type: ***

Scr Pck Area: ***

Dest Sto Type:: FBS

Dest Pck Area: 001

Door: ***

Queue: Replen1

Warehouse: ###

Scr ST Type: ***

Scr Pck Area: ***

Dest Sto Type:: FBS

Dest Pck Area: 002

Door: ***

Queue: Replen2

For my differennt ailse's & their respective bins i have assigned a different pick area and thought this would work but doesnt seem to!

Any idea's?

Dan

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

I think you need to play around with combinations here by setting door to empty. I got this information from OSS note 320804. You may also require a modification according to OSS note 708804 if this doesn't work. Reward points if helpful.

Stock transfers

Select for SCREEN: "Single item screen".

Select for TRANSFER TYPE: "U".

Maintain SOURCE STORAGE TYPE, SOURCE PICKING AREA, DESTINATION STORAGE TYPE and DESTINATION PICKING AREA. When maintaining consider the rules for these fields described during the putaway and picking.

Leave the value empty for DOOR.

Select queue for QUEUE to which you want to assign transfer orders which fall under the defined activity (SCREEN/ TRANSFER TYPE) and defined areas (SOURCE STORAGE TYPE / SOURCE PICKING AREA / DESTINATION STORAGE TYPE / DESTINATION PICKING AREA).

Copy the entries generated with transfer type "U" and change the transfer type of the copies to "X".

Bear in mind that these rules use the standard Customizing as a reference. SAP did not define the transfer types, however you can change them in Customizing. If you made changes to the transfer types in Customizing, you must take these changes into account for the rules described above. You must select a different value of field TRANSFER TYPE than the value which is specified in the rules.

cheers,

Sarvesh

Former Member

Dear All,

as I have been searching endlessly for information on RF Queue Management, as some of you probably have to arrive here, I have realised there is a lack of discussion and a serious lack of documentation on the subject.

So I am posting my findings after much trial and error.

I would like to give a couple of pointers based on what I have found.

Firstly the screen type / transaction type is vital to your assignments and to truly set this up, you need to refer to the WM Movement type and how the TO creation screen is set. Ensure these match and ensure the Source or Destination Storage Types in the RF Queue assignment match the settings in the Movement Types.

For Example a Mvmt Type 261 GI to (Prod) Order with no Source Storage Type but a Destination Storage Type of 914, with a TO create setting of 2 and Shipment Type A, will not match any equivalent RF Queue Assignment, as Destination Storage Type is ignored(after a config warning) for a Screen setting of 2.

People tend to use "A" as they think logically that they are removing stock, however in reality you are placing stock in 914.

The best way to get this to work is to use the Single Item Screen settings throughout and use the specific wildcards (***) for the Source Storage Types.

Which brings me to my second point, I have experienced difficulty in getting the wildcards to work properly except in the Single Item Screen settings.

Terminology, Logic and Common Sense do not always match in our wonderful SAP world.

I hope this helps some people avoid some of the aggravation I have had.

Cheers and happy scanning

Carl